Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: New jeep  (Read 3802 times)

62chevystepside

New jeep
« on: September 17, 2006, 03:54:12 AM »
Just got my first jeep its a 95' YJ and was wanting to put a lift on it and bigger tires. Was thinking 4" lift with 33"s. I live in medicine hat and was just wondering what store in calgary would have the parts i need. Is it possible to get the lift and tires for less and $2500?

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: New jeep
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 07:19:04 PM »
Quote from: "62chevystepside"
Just got my first jeep its a 95' YJ and was wanting to put a lift on it and bigger tires. Was thinking 4" lift with 33"s. I live in medicine hat and was just wondering what store in calgary would have the parts i need. Is it possible to get the lift and tires for less and $2500?

Everyboby has their favorite stores....

I like these guys http://www.national4wd.com/index.php .. they always treat me good!!  :D  (Talk to Dean, Shane or Rich)

Good luck

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
New jeep
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 07:34:42 PM »
A lift will run you between $800-1400 depending on brand and shocks, and you should have enough for tires after that.  It will also depend if you want rims or not

http://www.nsor.com, these guys have a pretty good deal right now on a 4" RE kit, check it out.

Another place is Modern Motors in calgary.  Call around and see who will give you the best deal
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline RckyMtnTJ

• UberWheeler
    • http://www3.telus.net/lck
New jeep
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 04:13:22 PM »
Some people on this board have dealt with Hoyboyz out of Magrath.  A little closer to you.  I have heard alot of good things about Rob.

www.hoyboyz.com
98 TJ 4" lift + goodies

62chevystepside

New jeep
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 12:41:27 PM »
Got my parts from South Cariboo Off Road, I got the 4" pro comp lift and 33"TSl's radials.
Thanks everybody for there help

Sardaukar

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 12:49:10 AM »
Quote from: "SwampSinger"

I like these guys http://www.national4wd.com/index.php .. they always treat me good!!  :D  (Talk to Dean, Shane or Rich)

Good luck

I found them to be way over priced... I was looking at a ARB bumber, buying there vs. somewhere in the US, even with shipping and exhange rate they were $300+ more expencive...

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 06:51:58 AM »
Quote from: "Sardaukar"
Quote from: "SwampSinger"

Good luck

I found them to be way over priced... I was looking at a ARB bumber, buying there vs. somewhere in the US, even with shipping and exhange rate they were $300+ more expencive...

It all depends... I get wiked deals!... I always dealt with them. They know me well. In my opinion... if you get any shop to know you... you get way better deals. I find if you're only looking for prices and you buy your gears all over the place you prob. won't get great deals. You should always check your prices of course then go back to your favorite shop and try to make a deal with them.

If you buy something from a local shop. You support the Local business and it's important to me. I know I might pay a bit more sometime but I get local service and deal with a person that I know. If I have an issue with the gears I bought ... they will fix the problem right away.

Get to know your local shops (anyone you like better...Nat. 4WD... Moderns... Evolution... HOYZBOYZ)!!!   8)

Cheers,

Sardaukar

New jeep
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 03:03:41 PM »
I totaly agree with supporting local shops and getting customer service due to the fact it's local... I will pay a premium for that, but it has to be resonable... 5% on $1k is fair, but not 20% IMO. And the other problem is I will not buy enough to become a regular, so pretty much no matter what I'll be treated just like any shmuck (is that how you spell it?) off the street.

Offline ramtuff

• Budget Lift
New jeep
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 03:06:30 PM »
Quote from: "Sardaukar"
shmuck

schmuck..... :roll:
Killer Off Road Equipment

Sardaukar

New jeep
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 03:24:42 PM »
ah thanks, heh... it's one of those rarely used words...

Offline fony3

• UberWheeler
New jeep
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 03:41:11 PM »
Rarely Spelt at least  :wink:

I agree completely with sardaukar, when i was looking at magnaflow cat backs, they were about 200 bucks more at National that at Mopac. Thats just a ridiculous difference in my opinion.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
New jeep
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 04:52:06 PM »
Quote from: "fony3"
Rarely Spelt at least  :wink:

I agree completely with sardaukar, when i was looking at magnaflow cat backs, they were about 200 bucks more at National that at Mopac. Thats just a ridiculous difference in my opinion.

Fair enough... some shops have better prices in diffrent items.

We are not here to bash any shops. (the CJA will not allow it)

Maybe National is more expensive for mufflers but they have excellent prices for tires.  It's like anything else... everyone is trying to make a buck... When you go buy a car... do you sign on the first price they give you? I hope not .. You have to bargain with the salesman so both parties are happy. I do that everywhere!.... ok maybe not at MacDonald  :D .

I hope you guys catch my drift... :roll:

Anyway... I'm glad you guys found your bumber & your muffler at a good prices and I hope you are happy with what you got.

The best part after all the efforts spent trying to get the best product at the best price is to try your new equipment.... :twisted:  

Have fun & be safe on the the trails...

Cheers

Offline kevman

• Budget Lift
    • http://members.shaw.ca/thekevman
New jeep
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 07:01:43 PM »
When I was putting togethor my lift I went through nsor.com because they had by far the best prices sometimes even below the US MSRP.  That said I had some work done by national and was extremely pleased with the service they did.  I would defiantly recomend either shop to anybody.
uh...
My shovels nicer!

skeletor

New jeep
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 11:12:54 PM »
modern motors do great work, prices are good, nice guys to deal with