Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 06 Unlimited mods suggested  (Read 1888 times)

Tyrel

06 Unlimited mods suggested
« on: July 10, 2005, 01:06:59 AM »
in august im getting an 06 tj unlimited...was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for mods. I want it to be an acceptable road and offroad vehicle, i realize i cant go all out in offroad stuff and have it perform the same onroad. Any suggestions?

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 09:05:23 AM »
Winch,  selectable lockers,swaybar disconnects,  tires maybe, I don't know what the LJ's come with but mtr's good, GSA's not so good offroad. 31" tires will fit with no Lift. 33" with a 2" lift.
You should talk to your dealers service manager first and see what their warranty policies are on modified jeeps.  Some dealers will still warranty with minor mods, some won't.

But a jeep with decent 31" tires will go alot of places. So you can always hold off on mods for a while. :wink:

Decent all round tires (in my opinion)  goodyear MTR's, BFG MT's (but not so good in winter)  Interco TRXUS tires, procomp xterrains,  

Or cancel your order and buy spinalguy's TJ for 35K then you will have a great all round low mileage jeep.

Ian
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline ramtuff

• Budget Lift
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 10:56:57 AM »
winch, skid plates, 33" mud tires and some experience. :wink:
Killer Off Road Equipment

Tyrel

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 03:11:25 PM »
yeah, i was thinking about that, i think anything i put on would have to be easy to switch back to stock, so probably just go with some bigger tires and a winch. should be adequate for most stuff. i havent done a lot of offroading, driving my dads 79 bronco (well, it looks like a bronco, but in all reality it is a 99 f350 turbodiesel) to and from camping sites, which has gotten pretty gnarly, but not very frequently. i definately some of that experience Ramtuff is talking about

Offline Fly Guy

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 05:31:25 PM »
I'd get a factory service manual, a decent set of tools, some 31" mud tires, a tow strap and a pressure washer. If you're still hooked on Jeeping then I'd add some quick disconnects, a winch, and maybe a lunchbox locker.

Tyrel

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 11:15:32 PM »
Quote from: "Fly Guy"
maybe a lunchbox locker.

I was looking at the aussie lockers, are they any good? seem resonably priced and easy to install. opinions?