Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Hey Jeep Stuck need help  (Read 5227 times)

62chevystepside

Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« on: January 25, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »
hey, hows it going. Whats the best way to get a Jeep unstuck, my truck is down in the river. Ill send you a picture of what im up against.
Back right wheel doesn't touch ground because rear bumper is hung up on the ice. Wheels are free and not locked. Front wheel cant get traction. About 2-3 Feet in the water tub is leaking a bit inside on the right side, left is higher up. Tryed pulling it but no go. Jeep is on 4" lift and 33 TSl's
Just seeing if you have any ideas of how to get it out? I was thinking just to break all the ice to be able to get towed out.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/62chevystepside/MeStuck.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/62chevystepside/Photo-0085.jpg

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:11:51 PM »
Try breaking the Ice behind jeep ?

could also try hooking strap to front bumper, then back and under both axles so that it pulls up a little instead of just straight back... Depending on how your front bumper is setup...
Jeep
With stuff

Offline Rookie

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • build it, break it, rebuild it better
Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:24:43 PM »
Break the ice and it should by an easy tug out
TJ with some stuff

62chevystepside

Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »
ya we were thinking about breaking the ice, but now we won't be able to start it up in the water. When it is on land would it be bad to start it up. The alternator died when it was running and the volts just went lower because the water. Do i have to check anything diffs, brakes, engine ?

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 09:08:13 PM »
I'd get it out of the water as soon as you can, and change all the fluids to be safe.
Jeep
With stuff

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 09:15:23 PM »
Where abouts is the Jeep? (Obviously don't post the precise location of it).

Are you in Calgary? Edmonton?

If you post up a general location maybe you'll get a volunteer or two to help you out.

It doesn't sound like you situations getting any better now that it doesn't start.

Good luck
Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline NS-jeeper

• UberWheeler
Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 09:32:46 PM »
Is that "lemon Aid" guy still around? If so you could call him.

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 09:34:31 PM »
Medicine hat is 2-3 hour drive from Calgary ?
Jeep
With stuff

62chevystepside

Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 09:57:33 PM »
yes it is at medicine hat, tomorrow morning me and some of my buddys are going to chop up the ice with some sledgehammers. With the help of there big dodge desiel trucks should yank out no problem.
Can't wait till I get it back, i feel kinda worried with my jeep overnight in the river   :(

62chevystepside

Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 09:58:46 PM »
Quote from: "Vinman"
Where abouts is the Jeep? (Obviously don't post the precise location of it).

Are you in Calgary? Edmonton?

If you post up a general location maybe you'll get a volunteer or two to help you out.

It doesn't sound like you situations getting any better now that it doesn't start.

Good luck
Vince

It should start just scared to start it up in deep water

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 12:33:57 AM »
id sugest using an Axe over sledgehammers...
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

62chevystepside

Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 05:22:38 AM »
Got truck out tonight with the help of some of my buddies and my 85 toyota pickup, and my friends Ford ranger. We put a floor jack on the ice to raise the bumper, then we had  2 tow ropes to each side of the bumper to pull the wheels onto the ice, worked great.
Just have to check on everything in the morning.
Thanks for the help everyone

shibby

Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 05:28:36 AM »
glad to hear you got it out... ice can be a reall B$%&@. Try having driverside wheels on ice, pasenger side in 2 feet water/mud, with no winch and no lockers... that was a fun day  :evil:

Offline kenny kustom

• Budget Lift
Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 05:47:54 AM »
Why were you driving into the river ?  :?:

62chevystepside

Hey Jeep Stuck need help
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 11:38:17 AM »
Well it was only about 1/2 to 1 feet deep and it was just a little crossing a stream was running threw it. Went back and forth threw it about 5 times. And then we get the idea that we should take a video. I drive in loose control and slide down to a deeper part of the crossing. drive foward thinking it would clime up the other side, nope din't make it,wheels on ice in the back now breaks the corner of the ice falls in. Thats when we tryed Hi lifting it but you cant get a hilift to lift on ice. So we are wearing our shoes walking around in the water trying to break parts of ice with the end of the jack and a old tail pipe i found. Bigger peices started breaking off up the river and starting sliding into me getting stuck undo the truck. After a couple hours of walking around in the freezing water and trying to pull it out with my friends ranger with bald all terrains, we decide to go home because our feet are cold we cant feel them, felt like we were walking on our legs. So could my shoe fell of  
and i coun't feel it. When i got home my feet were purple so i sat with the foot jacusy for 3 hours. That was a fun day.

Going to go check it out right now