Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Newbie and coming to your backyard!  (Read 12972 times)

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
Newbie and coming to your backyard!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 11:46:11 AM »
well... we are having a late late spring this year. Definitely been cold here. There's been a lot of snow lately and no sign of it getting any better. Bring lots of layers and a rain jacket might be a good idea.

29th eh? coming up fast! Lets hope I'm not working.

whitewolfdakota

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2007, 09:08:35 AM »
Was hoping for a little spring weather but we are expecting snow flurries even here on sunday night. We were up to the mid 80's and now this. I can just imagine how a slow slow spring will be up there!

merlin

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2007, 10:24:33 PM »
things are getting better, it snowed here in canmore acouple of days ago but it was gone by the end of the day

whitewolfdakota

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2007, 10:16:49 AM »
That's good to hear. The freeze down here has KILLED the Dogwood Festival. A freeze at this time happens only every 20 years around here. Nomatter what the weather we're really starting to get excited about the trip. ONLY 15 days left!!!!!!!!!!!

merlin

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2007, 11:40:58 AM »
http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?ab-3&unit=i

just so you can keep up with the constant changing weather :P

whitewolfdakota

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »

ONLY SIX DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYONE MEETING US AT THE GRIZZLYPAW SUNDAY NIGHT????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

merlin

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2007, 04:31:42 PM »
this sunday? sure, i should be back from Edmonton garrison by then

merlin

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2007, 12:07:53 AM »
So what time are we meeting at the grizzly paw???

whitewolfdakota

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2007, 11:32:06 AM »
Whatever time you suggest if fine with us. We are landing in Calgary at 1:30 pm. We have to p/u a car and get to the Georgetown Inn in Canmore (our ONLY set plans)................you  probably can gage better than us..............is there anything inbetween than might grab our attention?????????.............you name the time and we WILL be there with bells on (by the way my wife is blonde and I will wear a Tennessee Hoops  baseball cap (beige with orange letters).........I'm pretty sure it will be the only one in your neck of the woods...lol!
     THREE MORE DAYS! By the way it was 83 degrees today here and the pollen has us all sick and messed up...........it will be GREAT to breathe again (the wife is really bad.......it make you feel like you have a head flu and makes you feel like you are 90 yrs old with iron poor blood........have never experienced anything like it until I came here....10 times worse than Florida...........I guess every great place has it's drawbacks!

merlin

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2007, 05:52:47 PM »
lets say around 1900 or 2000 at the paw, that gives ya time to settle in and roam around town for a bit, current for cast for canmore http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?ab-3&unit=i

whitewolfdakota

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 09:47:16 PM »
Sounds great! We will be there at approximately 1900.

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »
Are you in canmore the whole time?
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

whitewolfdakota

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2007, 10:20:38 PM »
No, that's just our starting point. We have no set ajenda but have the idea of a leisurely clockwise loop......Calgary to Canmore to Lake Louise....swing up to Jasper and around. Edmonton seems a little too far unless I'm told it's a must see. The only other set plan is to be where you guys are for your Saturday run on the 5th I believe. Nothing is written in stone and still welcome any ideas. One day we want to do horses out of Brewster Stables or something similar. My wife is as crazy about horses as I am jeeps. Since it seems too late for dogsledding we might substitute jet boat ride on Columbia. The helecoptor trip sounds great but looks like I would have to take out a personal loan for that,lol! My main objective is to soak in your beautiful country and laugh alot. This will be the first escape without the kids in many, many years.

whitewolfdakota

NOT COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »
Well,everyone................we have just found out our passports will NOT be ready.......................We are devastated!    WE WILL NOT BE COMING AT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JOHN & KAREN.

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 06:36:05 PM »
John, we will still be here next time you come up. This passport thing has messed up alot peoples plans on both sides of the border.
You don't need a passport if you drive. It's only a few thousand km's :lol:
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.