Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: What to Seal  (Read 4069 times)

youngen18

What to Seal
« on: May 25, 2005, 06:56:05 PM »
Ok, now that i have been wheeling since my jeep is now very wheelable (nice grammer eh) I have noticed stalling and sputtering on the deeper crossings.

Sooo, my question is what should i seal up and whats teh best way to do it. I heard the silicon spray works good. Any pointers would be appreciated :). Had to get a pull from my boss for about 1-2 km to get the jeep started back up and running but even then i had to keep my rpm's up. oh well.

Jon

youngen18

What to Seal
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 12:29:06 PM »
so i guess im jsut spraying silicon over everything then :p

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
What to Seal
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 12:41:06 PM »
Concentrate on ignition components if you wanna just use silicone spray.  

And the air box (but that would need a snorkel).  Really you may have gotten some water in the intake (careful, not good).  If you wanna be a submarine you need to get a snorkel or make one.   :)

youngen18

What to Seal
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 01:09:06 PM »
we checked inside the airbox and the intake and it seemed dry so its hard to say. Thnx for the pointers though :)

Offline Brink

• UberWheeler
What to Seal
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 04:25:48 PM »
If that was dry then it most likely was ignition.  Spark plug wires, dist(if you have one), coil etc etc.

Here's some good tech on waterproofing in general.

http://www.off-road.com/jeep/fullsize/ifsjawaterproof.htm

It's writen about a full size but most of it applies to any offroad rig.

youngen18

What to Seal
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 12:41:37 PM »
cool thnx. On the trail i took looked in the intake, airbox, pulled the dist cap and some other little things. everything was dry. Only thing i didnt do was pull out my spark plugs. I just checked the top so the plug coulda got wet as well.