Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Looking for new seats  (Read 757 times)

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
Looking for new seats
« on: February 21, 2007, 11:26:44 PM »
I am looking to up grade my bucket seats for my 05 TJ to some offroad/racing( holes for 4/5point seat belts) style seats.
Firstly, I am wondering if anybody has any suggestions on a good quality seat at not an outragous price with a reclining switch lever not one that you have to rotate. I am also wondering where the best place would be to get them. I was looking at some REACTIVE racing seats (reclinable) at Canadian tire where I work casually and they are about $210 each.....
Secondly, when I was checking out my seats in the TJ I noticed that there is some kind of line running into the seat itself. Is this for an air bag sensor in the seat.....? What would I have to do to remove it all together (probably not the best idea) or transfer it over to the new seat? How would that work?
12 Crush JKU Sport
05 Orange TJ Sport-2" BB, 1.25" BL... (1 tons, 39's... Who the fawk really knows!)
92 Red Cherokee Sport-4.5" Rustys Lift, 33's KM2's, Eagle Rims(405k's n still tikkin...) Sold :(

whitewolfdakota

Looking for new seats
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 09:21:14 PM »
Check these folks out. Bought seats (custom) 2 colors with third color piping for under$180 each couple of yrs ago but I see the daily driver is now $245.00. I think they are as good as anything offered out there at almost twice the price....great quality.Go to them direct....not thru a vendor/distributor. Didn't go recline.....something more to go wrong/break/fail in a rollover. Back concerns obviously overshadow that. Happy shopping!

http://www.prpseats.com/

Offline Impact

• Budget Lift
Looking for new seats
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »
Thanks for the reply! I'll Check them out.
12 Crush JKU Sport
05 Orange TJ Sport-2" BB, 1.25" BL... (1 tons, 39's... Who the fawk really knows!)
92 Red Cherokee Sport-4.5" Rustys Lift, 33's KM2's, Eagle Rims(405k's n still tikkin...) Sold :(