Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Air filter and also a tick  (Read 1543 times)

Rochambo

Air filter and also a tick
« on: July 25, 2005, 12:56:43 PM »
OK here is the deal, I have the 89 yj 4.2.  I put a valve breather on and then have put a filter directly on my carb allowing me to eliminate the stock air filter and housing, i have a few senors in the housing and was just wondering what to do with them, and also there re 2 lines that look about 3/4 inch that connected to the housing as well, any thoughts on what to do with these? Another thing is i have a tick at the front of my valve cover, can i fix this? are the lifters adjustable?

Wif

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 03:13:29 PM »
by the two 3/4 lines do you mean the pulse air system lines that go down from the airbox .. one to the cat, the other across to the exhaust manifold ?

the tick is fairly normal lifter noise .. but I guess it depends how loud it is

Rochambo

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 06:11:12 PM »
i will have to take another look, all i can remember is they were 2 rubber lines that came out the bottom of the air box after the air has gone threw the filter

Wif

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 06:34:31 PM »
that's what it sounds like .. they'll go to 2 valves, then one goes to the cat .. the other goes under the engine and up to the exhaust manifold. One of mine was missing, and the other was broken right by the cat. I've removed them both now .. inc all the associated vac lines.

have a look at :

http://home.sprynet.com/~dale02/pulseair.htm