Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Show n shine?  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
Show n shine?
« on: April 15, 2007, 11:15:18 PM »
quick question.... i want to RTI my truck this year but am wonderin.... is having my Learners liscence ok to RTI? also i will more then likely have offroad only insurance is that also ok to use just to RTI?

Doug
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
Show n shine?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 07:17:39 AM »
I guess the question will be, will you be accompanied by an adult with a regular license and how will you drive it on the street if you have "Off-road Only" insurance?
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: Show n shine?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 07:23:33 AM »
Quote from: "Mudhawg"
quick question.... i want to RTI my truck this year but am wonderin.... is having my Learners liscence ok to RTI? also i will more then likely have offroad only insurance is that also ok to use just to RTI?

Doug

I'm not too sure about that one Doug :? ... my answer is No for now. A parking lot is not "offroad". We have to check our insurance also...

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
Show n shine?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »
well basically all my friends are above 18... truck gets towbarred everywere... will suck if thats a no cause i have 3 other big trucks who wanted to show as well but there regiserered offroad only as well
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

SteveO

Show n shine?
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 08:02:25 AM »
I would think that unless it's held on private property you wouldn't want it to happen.  If a truck rolled on to someone's kid and wasn't insured, not only would the CJA be in big trouble but the vehicle's owner would be contributing every penny they earned for the rest of their life to the kid's family.  I wouldn't even consider driving an uninsured vehicle in public.  Just MHO though. ...Steve

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Show n shine?
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 12:30:49 PM »
Quote from: "SteveO"
I would think that unless it's held on private property you wouldn't want it to happen.  If a truck rolled on to someone's kid and wasn't insured, not only would the CJA be in big trouble but the vehicle's owner would be contributing every penny they earned for the rest of their life to the kid's family.  I wouldn't even consider driving an uninsured vehicle in public.  Just MHO though. ...Steve

I like to keep my house, Jeep, and pants...  It will be held at Boomtown... it's pretty public.  We're not taking any chances... sorry.

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Show n shine?
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 03:46:52 PM »
A parking lot is however private property.
But lets not split hairs.
No one wants a lawsuit on their hands.