Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Look what I found!!!!  (Read 2690 times)

Offline 4low

• Budget Lift
Look what I found!!!!
« on: May 23, 2007, 12:10:09 AM »
SUPER COOL!!!!

I Want it, but can't have it, and unfortunately (in a way) no one else can either. but fortunately, it's gonna stay there for a really long time......canvass top still in good shape!!!!

BTL WGN

><>

80malibu

Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »
If memory serves, that is sitting in a shed in Sandon, B.C. and has been for a great many years. Amazed it's still there.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:47:26 AM »
What's the story on this rig?
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

yjcanibul

Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 01:01:03 PM »
I like old iron , at first I thought this is one I saw just north of cochrane tucked in a guys garage ... I would guess its a mid to late 40's 2A ? ... about two summers ago a guy around sundre had a fully restored 2A for sale for 12G $ ...

the front rim caught my eye cause as I believe its an original kelsey hayes - I just sandblasted/painted white a complete set that came with my 3B which was tucked away in an old guys garage - I cleaned it up a bit but it needs every seal replaced - pic below without original rims ...

http://www.msc-inc.ca/maclean_20050801/573b.JPG

whats stopping you from extracting this gem from storage and parking it in your garage ? ...

born2jeep

Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 03:33:59 PM »
Haha its a small world. I love those old mining towns around there. I tried to buy that jeep about 3 years ago...but its not forsale :(.

Sam

Offline chrispl

• Budget Lift
Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 05:04:03 PM »
Quote from: "yjcanibul"
I like old iron , at first I thought this is one I saw just north of cochrane tucked in a guys garage ... I would guess its a mid to late 40's 2A ? ... about two summers ago a guy around sundre had a fully restored 2A for sale for 12G $ ...

the front rim caught my eye cause as I believe its an original kelsey hayes - I just sandblasted/painted white a complete set that came with my 3B which was tucked away in an old guys garage - I cleaned it up a bit but it needs every seal replaced - pic below without original rims ...

http://www.msc-inc.ca/maclean_20050801/573b.JPG

whats stopping you from extracting this gem from storage and parking it in your garage ? ...

That guy north of cochrane i think i know who it is,he's got 2 willy's? if same guy,my dad rebuilt his origional engine a few years back!
95 cherokee

yjcanibul

Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 09:17:32 PM »
Quote from: "chrispl"
That guy north of cochrane i think i know who it is,he's got 2 willy's? if same guy,my dad rebuilt his origional engine a few years back!

Chris :  maybe , I only saw the one ...

people have amazing things squirrel'ed away in their garages ... did anyone seriously dicker for this Sandon, B.C jeep ?  seems like everyone knows about it ... I think everythings for sale ... did they hint what they would be happy with ... there's always a number to start from ...

Apu posted a 2A in 'for sale' today - its far from original mind you, but a running original 2A would bring a similar $ I would think  ?

born2jeep

Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »
The lady who owns it wasn't home when I was there, but while checking it out  I talked to a neighbor who said that it was the lady's grandfathers jeep, and that a few people have tried to offer her $$, but shes not interested in selling for what ever reason. I'm sure for the right price she would.

Sam

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 10:26:14 PM »
Quote from: "born2jeep"
The lady who owns it wasn't home when I was there, but while checking it out  I talked to a neighbor who said that it was the lady's grandfathers jeep, and that a few people have tried to offer her $$, but shes not interested in selling for what ever reason. I'm sure for the right price she would.

Sam

Probably not.

But for the right reason, she might.

Think about it....her grandfather's jeep, and nothing on the news but idiots who like to take their big 4x4's out and destroy the land.

If it was me, I'd approach her about how I'd like to restore it and use it in the way it was meant to be, giving it a better life than it currently has, as a mild off-roader used a few times a year. Something her grandfather would probably appreciate.

Otherwise, to her you're just another idiot looking to wreck the vehicle by abusing it offroad.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline 4low

• Budget Lift
Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 01:45:21 AM »
It's cool to have places like that;

this is a "Ghost town" and it wouldn't be much of a place if everything there was sold to other people, now would it?

I understand that people would have an interest in stuff like that;
But I also think that in some ways, it's very cool in the enviroment it's in right now.

My 2 cents.
Kinda regrettin' postin' it up if the owner is gonna be bombarded with more people to try to purchase it.
I just thought it was cool to "find" and see.....
BTL WGN

><>

Offline chrispl

• Budget Lift
Look what I found!!!!
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 03:16:19 AM »
Was at my uncles ranch and his shop this weekend,ranch west of chocrane and shop north of and was supprised to find 3 willy's,1 on his ranch and 2 at his shop,one which will be rebuilt i am guessing and 1 for parts.
95 cherokee