Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: YJ Rims  (Read 2256 times)

CanaMatt

YJ Rims
« on: August 09, 2005, 01:24:21 PM »
Can I paint these rims

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JEEP-WRANGLER-WHEELS-SET-4-16-INCH-RIMS_W0QQitemZ7991011736QQcategoryZ43956QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or should I just re-chrome them, is that even economically sensible?

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
YJ Rims
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 01:49:21 PM »
Seems expensive to me for stock rims, especially if you are having to re-finish them.

RedYJ

YJ Rims
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 02:01:51 PM »
Yep you can, I had a set just like that I just lightly sanded them to get the rust off and sprayed them with some canadian tire wheel paint.  It turned out pretty good.  Just as a side note those wheels say they are 16" but they are 15 or at least mine were and every other jeep wheel is other than the rubicon ones.

henry

YJ Rims
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 09:36:50 PM »
Quote from: "redbull"
Seems expensive to me for stock rims, especially if you are having to re-finish them.

I agree, seems damn pricey to me, look around Calgary before you lay down that much dough on those rims.  I have older Jeep steel rims that need refinishing, not nearly that expensive.

Darren :twisted:

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
YJ Rims
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 09:57:15 PM »
Way too much money, me thinks. You should drive out to jeepstuff and see what they have laying around,
for less than $250us you should be able to buy new rockcrawlers from someone like hoyzboyz or nsor or even national
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

CJ-7

YJ Rims
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 10:29:50 AM »
TOOOOOOOOO  much     Go to jeep stuff!!!    681-JEEP

Got mine for 50$ a peice     CAN!

Plus I have the sandblaster if you need......works way better than sanding
And I have a paint booth and aircraft endura paint!!!  strong sh*t. any color you need I can get for cheap!!! I painted my prelude rims with this stuff and ....WOW  no chips after last winter

CanaMatt

YJ Rims
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 06:19:27 PM »
I posted that pic just to show generally what mine looked like. But mine were in mud and now are all scratched up to the point where they are black and brown. I already got a second set of rims from Pick n Pull. They were off a 1989 Cherokee.

Thanks for the info, I decided to paint them after a good sanding.