Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Bridge Building in McLean Creek (Completed!!!)  (Read 2676 times)

DIAMOND DAVE

Bridge Building in McLean Creek (Completed!!!)
« on: August 10, 2005, 05:24:24 PM »
We have been asked to and will be installing a truck size bridge across Quirk Creek in Mclean Creek. It will be 8' 6" x 16'.

I will require 10 - 15 Volunteers. We have permission to ford (cross) the Elbow River at Cobble Flats. (15min passed McLean Creek turn) The Plan is to meet at Cobble Flats at 9:30am Saturday Aug 13 and Truck pool in with 4 - 5 (4x4's) to the job site.
There is a locked gate for access, so we will need to head in as a group.
This project should take a full day. If you choose to camp over night, there will be one exit time out the following day thru Cobble Flats. Otherwise you will need to head out thru Sylvester Trail.

We will be towing a trailer in with all the materials needed to complete the job and most tools will be available. You will require proper clothing and some will need water proof foot wear.

I have had a few people PM me as volunteers, but I still need a few more. Please let me know soon so I can put a list together.

Sorry for the short notice.  :roll:  

Dave

henry

Bridge
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 06:54:27 PM »
I'm in, Bill and Denise are in, should be cool.  Never built a bridge before, should be a snap after the fence I built last week!  Well, maybe not that easy, but it should be a fun day.  Come on everybody, this could be a good project to volunteer at and show the higher powers that offroaders do care about water crossings and our offroading areas.

Darren :twisted:

Becker

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 09:18:16 PM »
I might possibly be able to assist, well me and a buddy.  All depends on wether or not the Jeep is on the road again.  So far it looks good.  I will post a for sure answer on Friday.  

Sean

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2005, 07:48:05 AM »
Best wishes to all volunteers! I would of loved to of been a part of this, but heading off to Vegas in T minus 5 hours  :D

Thanks for getting this organised Dave!

Joe

Becker

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 05:52:18 PM »
Sorry guys, but I cant make it out to help.  The Jeep is in peices in the garage with fuel pump problems.  Hopefully I can get it fixed up this weekend.

DIAMOND DAVE

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »
I just wanted to thank the 9 volunteers that came out on Saturday to build the Full size bridge over Quirk Creek.  
The bridge measured out at 8' 6"wide and 22' long and took 10 hrs to build and install. Great job to everyone involved!  

I will post pics as soon as I get them.

Now that this bridge is in, K-country can focus on replacing the other bridges in the McLean area that need attention. The plan is to replace all bridges next summer.

Regards, Dave

DIAMOND DAVE

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 08:14:26 AM »
Here is the list of Volunteers:

Aaron Leguee
Serge LeBlanc
Bill Berry
Denise Berry
Craig Morris
Ron Pollard
Amanda Morosse
Darren Henry
Dave Dunlop

Thanks again :wink: