Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: A few modifications...  (Read 3373 times)

xBADTRIPx

A few modifications...
« on: June 27, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »
i have enjoyed wheelin' my JK Rubi stock, but i figure it's about time i started upgrading. i decided to stick with 33's and stock suspension for now. i also picked up a new Fab Fours rear bumper. here are a few picks...

clickable links

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/xBADTRIPx/DSC03505.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d196/xBADTRIPx/DSC03519.jpg

the tires rub on the fenders a bit with the swaybar disco'd and flexed, but i am looking at a Rusty's 2 inch spring and shock lift that will take care of my clearance problems. now that i will be getting stuck even deeper in the $#%& a front bumper and winch are going to be next on the list.

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
A few modifications...
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 09:59:14 PM »
Nice !! Those fenders are supposed to be easily removable for off roading, thought I read that somewhere...

Jeep
With stuff

yjcanibul

A few modifications...
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 10:23:11 PM »
nice ride!  

I like the look of the nitto's , once you put 'em through the seasons let me know what you think ...

xBADTRIPx

A few modifications...
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 10:26:39 PM »
i'll find out if they will remove themselves if i end up going off road before i lift it a couple of inches. thanks for de-clickifying my pics.

xBADTRIPx

A few modifications...
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 10:29:51 PM »
Quote from: "yjcanibul"
nice ride!  

I like the look of the nitto's , once you put 'em through the seasons let me know what you think ...

yeah, i kept my stock 32's for winter. i figure if go out winter wheelin' i can throw them back on for the day. but you never know, i'll leave em on until the first snow fall and maybe they will surprise me and be great on the ice.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
A few modifications...
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:44:14 PM »
Nice bumper and tires.... the rig is looking good man!!!

Offline dubbleJs

• Talks waaay too much!
A few modifications...
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:15:43 PM »
Quote from: "SwampSinger"
Nice bumper and tires.... the rig is looking good man!!!

x2!
'91 XJ - 3" procrap - cutout for 33" MT's  - More and more dents every run...Sold.
'98 XJ - Lifted, locked and lovin' it

merlin

A few modifications...
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 12:28:38 AM »
very sexy, what was the damage to your wallet for the rear bumper?? im in the market for a new one

Offline kenny kustom

• Budget Lift
A few modifications...
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 08:31:26 AM »
Are those fender flares aftermarket ???? how wide are they ?

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
A few modifications...
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 08:20:28 PM »
i thought i saw you in the shop at national checkin out that bumper! give us a call. im almost certain we have some spacer kits for the JK.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

xBADTRIPx

A few modifications...
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »
Quote from: "kenny kustom"
Are those fender flares aftermarket ???? how wide are they ?

those are the stock flares. i'm not sure how wide they are ( i'll try to remember to measure and post back ).

the rear bumper is available at National 4 Wheel Drive, i would call them for prices. i know there is a big difference in price  between the 06 and 07 models. it's a great bumper. it is the only one i had seen online that i liked an d i like it much better in person mounted on my Jeep.

xBADTRIPx

A few modifications...
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 08:33:24 PM »
Quote from: "hps4evr"
i thought i saw you in the shop at national checkin out that bumper! give us a call. im almost certain we have some spacer kits for the JK.

yeah, i'm glad National had it in stock. i'm trying to avoid a spacer lift if i can. Rusty's makes a 2 inch lift that is a true coil spring and shock lift. here is a link to the site.
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=JK220&Category_Code=JKKITS

keeping in mind that this is my daily driver and i would rather do it right and not have any problems, could any one tell me if i would need to replace the front and rear track bar with this lift?

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
A few modifications...
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 07:48:45 PM »
we also have a rubicon express long arm kit for the jk in stock... hehehehhee.  we do have some smaller coil kits too. im thinking more in the 4 inch though.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline LanceM

• Budget Lift
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/lancemacwilliam
A few modifications...
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 11:06:23 PM »
Thats one sweet looking jeep man,  especially like the look of the tires on her.
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine.

Giffer

A few modifications...
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 04:11:58 AM »
thats looking pretty wicked. love the bumper, is it also the tire carrier?? and whats the shake like??