Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Secured Parking  (Read 3184 times)

Offline Mikes off road

• Budget Lift
Secured Parking
« on: August 15, 2005, 12:36:09 AM »
I was wondering if anybody in the Calgary area knows of a secure place that I could park my Jeep at.Reason being I'm going to B.C for a week and I don't want to tow it over the mountains. Was thinking about the airport just not sure how secure it is any ideas would be great.
98 XJ Classic with a Fulltraction 6" lift 35" MTZ on Procomp rims. Locked front and rear with 4.56 gears. Warn bumber with 9000lb winch. Custom built rock rails, rear bumber with sotc, and skid plates.

CanaMatt

Secured Parking
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2005, 12:53:23 PM »
The airport itself would be very secure. The private long term parking would be again secure but not as much as the airport. I think most cars are stolen for joyrides. And the airport is a little out of the way for any kiddies to walk to. But if someone really wanted your vehicle, there is nothing stopping them from taking it.

Offline Mikes off road

• Budget Lift
Secured Parking
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 02:50:44 PM »
I figured that it would be ok but I was not sure if any of you guys had any better ideas.Thanks again
98 XJ Classic with a Fulltraction 6" lift 35" MTZ on Procomp rims. Locked front and rear with 4.56 gears. Warn bumber with 9000lb winch. Custom built rock rails, rear bumber with sotc, and skid plates.

Offline 4low

• Budget Lift
Secured Parking
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 07:18:39 PM »
If it's only for a week It can go in my backyard........(i'll have to keep the key's for emergancy purposes though)

:lol:
BTL WGN

><>

Dragonmaster

Secured Parking
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 07:33:26 PM »
The airport long term parking is very secure (camera's monitored 24/7 near most entrances/exits, all you have to do is park near one).

I've parked my jeep in the long term parking for three weeks with the soft top on a couple of times and never had any problems.  That said, I never have anything in it worth stealing unless you want my carpet or backseat.  :wink:

CanaMatt

Secured Parking
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005, 11:38:40 PM »
I got underground condo parking. But only one stall. Just park it at the airport, it will be safe.

Offline Mikes off road

• Budget Lift
Secured Parking
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 12:10:58 PM »
Thanks again for your help guy's. I.m leaving Yellowknife on Fri hope to get it there by Sat.Also have a job interview in Olds on Aug 25 maybe be wheeling with you guy's soon. Any good 4x4ing down there?

D

Secured Parking
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 06:20:02 PM »
Lol Im from YK.

D

youngen18

Secured Parking
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005, 10:38:06 PM »
i know my father parks his 2004 dodge ram at the park and fly. Has been there since brand new. Nothing has ever been stolen. Of course  i wouldnt leave anything valuable in plain view either.

Offline Mikes off road

• Budget Lift
Secured Parking
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »
Well she was parked there for 6 days and she allrite.I guess I was just alittle scared about leaving her alone in a strange place.I also think that Calgary was a very nice place to visit and will do it again.Thanks again for your guy'shelp

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Secured Parking
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 08:29:18 AM »
Quote from: "Mikes off road"
Well she was parked there for 6 days and she allrite.I guess I was just alittle scared about leaving her alone in a strange place.I also think that Calgary was a very nice place to visit and will do it again.Thanks again for your guy'shelp

i saw your rig at the park and jet. i was parked there for about 5 days.
Nice lookin rig!
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.