Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Pucker Factor!!!!!  (Read 1969 times)

Offline bae146

• UberWheeler
Pucker Factor!!!!!
« on: August 20, 2005, 09:38:55 PM »
I know If I was a passenger on any of these rides I would be checking my shorts.  I dont think the pucker factor could get a lot higher.

http://www.linhadafrente.net/bin/Pousos.wmv

To bad I don't speak spanish

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
Pucker Factor!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 09:16:56 AM »
Nice!
I couldn't tell if there was a crosswind, but that happens all the time. Though air traffic controllers usually try to have 747's land into the wind.

But a crabwise descent is possible, and from the looks of the paint on those, it might have been during air trials.

But I have to admit, seeing a 747 come down crabwise like that would certainly make me pucker!!  :shock:

I think it might be Portuguese though, but I'm no expert.

Cool vid though! Makes my want to dig out an Enigma cd!

Cheers!
Chris
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Pucker Factor!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 06:53:43 PM »
Chris,... was that you flying the 747? ... come on ... I know you're an humble man with many talents.... I've seen you using similar driving style before... :?:  :?:

You can tell us.... Mr. CrabKing... :lol:  :lol:

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
Pucker Factor!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 04:04:59 AM »
Quote from: "SwampSinger"
Chris,... was that you flying the 747? ... come on ... I know you're an humble man with many talents.... I've seen you using similar driving style before... :?:  :?:

You can tell us.... Mr. CrabKing... :lol:  :lol:

Erm, no, I haven't been able to pilot a 747 since "that incident" a while back. Apparently I'm also "this" close to being on the "No Fly List".
Something about airliners, skyscrapers, and infidels that gets pilots all worried. :oops:
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

blackrube

Pucker Factor!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 02:37:46 PM »
wonder if that "777" 's rear wheels can pivot like a b-52's can ,,so that they stay lined up with runway even in a crosswind