Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Saturday easy run  (Read 2233 times)

Offline bae146

• UberWheeler
Saturday easy run
« on: September 02, 2005, 04:40:43 PM »
Anyone interested in hitting the local trails this weekend. Thinking something easy. How are the trails to margrat lake or the falls trail. Been a long tims since i was in waiporous.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: Saturday easy run
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 07:26:07 PM »
Quote from: "bae146"
How are the trails to margrat lake or the falls trail.

Easy and boring... it's basically a fire road for a while than a few hills. It all depends what you're looking for.... I've seen a VW fox station wagon @ Margaret lake twice last summer. It might give you an indication of the trail.

It might be different after the rain though... I have not been there this summer yet...

Offline bae146

• UberWheeler
trail
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 08:14:08 PM »
A little harder than a fire road would be good

How is the road to the falls ?

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: trail
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 09:24:56 PM »
Quote from: "bae146"
A little harder than a fire road would be good

How is the road to the falls ?

It's a little harder... you have a few river crossing and a few hills. It's very nice fairly easy trail as I can remember. I have not been there since last winter. Again ... the trail might be all different because of the heavy duty rain that we had this spring. I've notice that most trail are harder than they were last year due to heavy erosion.

What your plan? Are you going there by yourself? I would not recommend it if you think of doing that. Eventhought I'm sure there will be lots of trafic to the fall this long week-end. If you want you can join us.... we are thinking of doing something that might be a little "chalenging" though. Not too sure what trail we're going to take ...it might not be easy but i'm sure it'll be fun. What kind of mods you have on your Jeep? Do you have a winch? CB? Tow points?  :?:

Your call ... we'll be @ smitthy's @ 8am for breaky.

Dom