Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Viar  (Read 5884 times)

Chase

Viar
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:26:47 PM »
Hello all, I want to go direct with Viiar. I am going to be doing a Buy in with viiar. We will be the Canadian distributer nation wide. Is there anything you guys really like from this company, if so let me know...

Here is the Link http://www.viaircorp.com/

Thanks Chase

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: Viar
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 09:52:39 PM »
Is there anything you guys really like from this company, if so let me know...

Here is the Link http://www.viaircorp.com/

Thanks Chase

Nope
........___________
.......//.......""""......\\
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J
../""""/=(=)___....../""""/
./___/............==/""""/
....................../___

Offline Rookie

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • build it, break it, rebuild it better
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 11:32:41 PM »
2 gallon tanks
TJ with some stuff

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 10:42:17 AM »
NOPE? HOW COME?
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 05:38:38 PM »
NOPE? HOW COME?

electric doesnt compare to a york.
........___________
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »

They sell more then just compressors
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 10:26:28 PM »

So true. They are 1/4 the cost, 1/10th the hassle, dont require you loose your belt tensioner, dont clog your engine compartment, dont fill your tires with oil, and arent proprietory to one overpriced outfit out of the states.

Chase,

The 400, and 450 full packages. Tank, gauge, pressure switch, and all the hardware. Do those for under 500 and they should go like hotcakes. Good user friendly package, and more then enough for most. 37's or larger, recommend the dual 450c package.

I've done quite a few of them, and everyone likes them.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline bae146

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 06:15:32 AM »
I am in for a tank for sure!!!!!!!! 1 or 2 gallon not sure yet.  Let us know some pricing.

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:51:58 AM »
So true. They are 1/4 the cost.....

The rest sure, but come on.  A good York is $25....  Mine has never emitted any oil.

Offline calltrex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 01:31:00 PM »
I have a good filter on mine and i never get any oil through...
........___________
....=//___________\\=
.....(@)___JEEP_(__@)
......\____I===I____/
.../""""/........J

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 01:39:58 PM »
I have the portable 300..... when I bought it I had 33' tires... it worked very well. I now run 35" in the winter and 37" 13.5" in the summer and the Viar 300 still does very well. It's not a 100% cycle pump but it never shut down on me.... I one time pumped up the tires on 4 rigs .... it was hot but it never shut down on me.

I'm happy... it's a good little machine for the $$.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2008, 08:51:19 PM »
The rest sure, but come on.  A good York is $25....  Mine has never emitted any oil.

I'll take 6 GOOD yorks for 25$ a peice. Feel free to bring them by any time. I pay cash.

Kilby's full york kit is 1700$.

Junk yarding a york takes fabrication skills, and a lot hours sourcing bits and peices and getting it together. The belt alone is 50 some dollars for a half decent Goodyear.

If you run air lockers, you need a tank anyways

Dava's is one of the cleanest yorks I've seen, and he has it done right with his filters and manifold. They all oil, whether you know it or not. Its the design of a closed system compressor.

Im serious on the 6 yorks. I'll even give you 50$ for dropping them off. I wont run them, but I will build systems for people when I get a bunch of GOOD compressors for 25$ a shot.

Thanks.

My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 05:24:43 PM »
Unless its worn out it shouldn't pass any oil as its basically just a splash lube system for the bearings. I had one on my old Dodge truck in an OBA setup and never had any filtration on the out side and never noticed any oil. They are pretty easy to find at the wreckers. Most Grand Wagoneers had them. However, as well as the system worked on my old Dodge(v-belt driven) I gave up trying to put one on my XJ's 4.0, no room and too much money for a new pulley to work with the XJs surpentine system.

When in Moab I wheeld with a guy that had a CO2 tank for OBA and running his ARBs. I've been thinking that I may go that route. Was pretty slick and high pressure if you wanted it(just turn up the reg), he said a tank typically lasted him a full year. I may look more at the Viair depending on the price. But I want to use a little space as possible and I think a single CO2 would be less space than Vivair and tank. Plus I like the portability, you can just remove it from  the mount and walk up the trail with it.

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline Rookie

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • build it, break it, rebuild it better
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 08:36:27 PM »
Finding a good york is the easy part I spent almost 2 years trying to source the serpentine clutch outside of buying through Kilby . There are so many variables that I gave up and ordered from Kilby , even with the Ogura part number from the clutch  Kilby sold me I can't find the clutch anywhere even the Ogura sales rep for western Canada  can't find it

For a TJ with A/C

Brackets and clutch you gotta order from Kilby

144.95 for the clutch
259.95 for the brackets

Then a manifold , filter , tank , blow off valve (safety valve) , cut in out switch , air lines it adds up fast 

I,m into my system for 800 to a grand plus countless hours

I just picked up a new Gates belt, through a buddy I got it for $60 retail is 106  :o

I love my system  ;D

Would I do it again ?  Probably not

My 2 cents

Steve
TJ with some stuff

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 09:42:17 PM »
Unless its worn out it shouldn't pass any oil as its basically just a splash lube system for the bearings. I had one on my old Dodge truck in an OBA setup and never had any filtration on the out side and never noticed any oil. They are pretty easy to find at the wreckers. Most Grand Wagoneers had them. However, as well as the system worked on my old Dodge(v-belt driven) I gave up trying to put one on my XJ's 4.0, no room and too much money for a new pulley to work with the XJs surpentine system.

When in Moab I wheeld with a guy that had a CO2 tank for OBA and running his ARBs. I've been thinking that I may go that route. Was pretty slick and high pressure if you wanted it(just turn up the reg), he said a tank typically lasted him a full year. I may look more at the Viair depending on the price. But I want to use a little space as possible and I think a single CO2 would be less space than Vivair and tank. Plus I like the portability, you can just remove it from  the mount and walk up the trail with it.

Our problem is clay, you need to run a welding bottle, unless you have freinds in the re filling business. The after market C02 kits arent certified for use in canada, and its tough to find a shop that will fill them.

Eric Brink ran a welding C02 bottle, and he only got a few runs per fill, with 42's. Those are the bottles I use in the garage, and Im pushing 70$ a fill these days, since C02 went up so much.

I dont disagree, half decent yorks are not impossible to find, but a york OBA system in a jeep is not as simple as just the compressor alone, even if you do find a good one off a 30 year old jeep in pnp these days.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]