Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Need help buying a used jeep  (Read 2164 times)

big mooe

Need help buying a used jeep
« on: September 10, 2005, 02:39:18 PM »
hey i'll be buying my first jeep ever. And wondering if you guys can help. Its a 1993 jeep yj. 4 cylinder, black has 200km. The fender has a little dent and the windshield is cracked thats all other than that it runs fine. Could some tell me how much would this be worth? what things should I look out for. And it comes with a hard and a soft top. Has a cdplayer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks everyone!
Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum.

Offline redbull

• UberWheeler
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 09:49:29 PM »
Fenders are $99 from Jeepstuff, glass is under $200 installed, depending on where you go. Is everything alse stock on it? How are the tires?

big mooe

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 07:12:59 PM »
Quote from: "redbull"
Fenders are $99 from Jeepstuff, glass is under $200 installed, depending on where you go. Is everything alse stock on it? How are the tires?

hey yea it stock the tires are about 70% its just those two things that it needs thats all. would 2650 be a good deal for it?

henry

Used Jeep
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 12:38:51 PM »
The first thing you should look at when buying a used Jeep is getting a huge line of credit or a blank Visa card.  You are gonna spend money like never before.  The money may be spent making it dependable, or on future modifications, either way, it is expensive.

Second, if you like the Jeep, take it to a reputable shop and lay down the $50.00 or so for a proper inspection.  If it passes, welcome to the wonderful world of Jeeping.

Jeeps are like helicopters, you wheel for 3 hours, repair it for 8 hours after.  I know, bad analogy but its kinda true.  Dont' be scared away, its still worth it.
 8)
Darren

Offline ramtuff

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 12:41:50 PM »
take it to a jeep dealer or off-road shop for an inspection. tell them your thinking of buying it and want to know everything thats wrong with it. this is a good way to avoid a lemon.
Killer Off Road Equipment