Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 3 different questions  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
3 different questions
« on: March 17, 2008, 04:33:35 PM »
1. Does anyone take windshields from vehicles in the Pick and Pull junk yard in Calgary, if they do what is the best way to get the windshield out of the vehicle. Is there anyone out there selling used windshields, or can I get a safety guy to not look at my windshield and pass it. It really is not that bad, just a few minor cracks.

2. What is the best way to replace floor panels in the cab of a truck. What guage of metal do I use and how do I reinforce it to make it stronger. I only have a welder and basic tools. I dont have any fancy seamers, benders or anything like that.

3. Insurance question, if insurance companies allow you to pay on a monthly basis, do you have to pay 1 month in advance or 2 months.

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
Re: 3 different questions
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 04:53:33 PM »
1.  yes.  contact/pm XJwrencher on here, he's a pro.  im the suck, always broke em.

2.  usually cheap to buy replacements online.  im not too knowledgeable, only seen it done manually once.

3. mine i payed first and last month for the first year.  my last payment for the year was none.  i remember some needed 3 months others may be different.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 07:34:40 PM »
As for insurance I am with State Farm and I got my first month for free. and they did not care that my Cherokee is modified as long as the engine is not ( gust don't tell them ).
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Trouble Maker

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 09:48:36 PM »
1. The rope in ones it is easiest to cut around the seal on the donor and use your existing window rubber to re-install.
The glue in ones? I usually leave them to the pros and just buy new.