Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: 12V Impact Wrench  (Read 1931 times)

TheCaptain

12V Impact Wrench
« on: August 13, 2008, 11:32:40 PM »
I saw a 12 V Impact Wrench for sale over at Canadian Tire.  I know it would probably break  ::) but anyone own one of these?  I was thinking it would be handy to have out on the trail for tire changes etc. since it plugs into the lighter!

Fire away!  ;D

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
Re: 12V Impact Wrench
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 03:03:57 AM »
if it plugs into the lighter... i wouldn't expect too much.  just more storage space and weight taken up.
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

RUBI

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 03:10:59 AM »
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........yup I can smell the smoke already !!! ::)

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:36:35 AM »
If you really want one I have used the CT ones and then I used the Snap-on one one-million times better they cost a bit but are worth it they brake bolts free and have a rechargeable bat that last for more then 2 bolts. And full warranty when you throw it across the shop.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

MB.Muffin

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 10:42:08 AM »
I dunno that I trust these things at all... Rubber Boots used one to tighten the nuts on his tires after we replaced the front wheel bearings and well we took a drive after that..... the tire came off :| .... rolled through 68th Ave intersection (not sure about the street McKnight or 16th - don't judge me im not from calgary lol) - I had to go chasing it lol... but it was funny none the less....

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 12:12:03 PM »
I dunno that I trust these things at all... Rubber Boots used one to tighten the nuts on his tires after we replaced the front wheel bearings and well we took a drive after that..... the tire came off :| .... rolled through 68th Ave intersection (not sure about the street McKnight or 16th - don't judge me im not from calgary lol) - I had to go chasing it lol... but it was funny none the less....

If it was an aluminum rim, that can happen even it the lugnuts were torqued properly
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 01:21:49 PM »
He should have not gust put the tiers on with it or even a wobble bar. When you put a wheel on always always torque it with a torque wrench they are cheep from PA.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline 4PLAYZJ

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 02:37:30 PM »
torque sticks  8)