Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Bridge Build Weekend #2 September 13th & 14th ++ Sunday 21st  (Read 9885 times)

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
Bridge Build Weekend #2 September 13th & 14th ++ Sunday 21st
« on: September 02, 2008, 12:44:48 PM »
Bridge Build Weekend #2 September 13th and 14th

It looks like we have all the parts in place to move forward with construction of the bridge on Meadow Creek Trail.

Please post up who is available to help with the project on the dates above. Several of us will be camping out in the area for the weekend, others will be commuting, some will only be coming for one of the two days as there schedule allows.

I will post up a tool list and details on where to meet by next weekend. Please remember it is important to bring your own personal protective equipment, boots, eye protection, gloves... 

More details to follow soon.

Thanks,
Blair
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 06:59:25 AM by 01sahara »
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
Re: Bridge Build Weekend #2 September 13th & 14th
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 01:45:03 PM »
I will be there on the 13th with bells on and ready to hold up a shovel  ;D
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:19:43 PM »
I'll be there also.

Offline frenchy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 08:33:56 AM »
Blair, I'll give you a call tonight about moving the materials out to waiparous.

Also, Amanda has asked for a dump trailer. Do you know if this is to be loaded with dirt and run across the river and up the trail ?
Jeep
With stuff

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
Blair, I'll give you a call tonight about moving the materials out to waiparous.

Also, Amanda has asked for a dump trailer. Do you know if this is to be loaded with dirt and run across the river and up the trail ?

To be used for moving the fill from the hill slope to both sides of the creek. It's a short distance.

Offline sylvrinvader

• That CB Yapper
  • the micro wheeler
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 08:44:26 PM »
how many people r going sunday
03 TJ, 33" BFG's,4:88 gears  BBoost, CB, custom front bumper,  insta/extenda trunks, rugged ridge roof rack w/basket

Offline Tinkerer

• UberWheeler
    • My (OLD OLD OLD) website
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 11:16:27 PM »
I'd *love* to help out... if I could ditch the 3 year old for the weekend, but wifey has wonky schedules with transit.
2004 TJ Rubicon 2.5" Cage Puck Lift
LT285/75R15 Trxus MT's
ARB Bullbar and Warn XD9000i winch
Garvin Wilderness Swingaway Rack
Cobra 75WXST CB, Yaesu FT8900 Ham
VE6PDB - usually on VE6RYC

Offline sn4cktime

• UberWheeler
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 02:13:27 AM »
What do you guys need help with?  I might have this weekend open, just hafta check with the lady.  Can help with labour, was a framer, am a welder, and am pretty good with a wrench.  Might be up for camping out, but doubt my g/f will be up for the cold weather camping.

Forgot to mention - need to tail someone out there cause I have no idea where I'd be headed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:27:55 AM by sn4cktime »
----1988 AMC Eagle, mostly a flat XJ at this point----

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 04:53:15 AM »
What do you guys need help with?  I might have this weekend open, just hafta check with the lady.  Can help with labour, was a framer, am a welder, and am pretty good with a wrench.  Might be up for camping out, but doubt my g/f will be up for the cold weather camping.

Forgot to mention - need to tail someone out there cause I have no idea where I'd be headed.

I will post a map up inthe next day or two.

Blair

Thissideup

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 11:02:22 AM »
Just want to share something with you, found this on google, makes for a good relatively cheap bridge up to 48' long, and all you have to do is lock the doors if you want to limit access to it. something to consider for your next project mabe.

Offline SmilinVamp

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 12:33:38 PM »
That's cool... but I'm not sure trucks will fit across that...

Offline BEZZ

• Budget Lift
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 09:58:29 PM »
Sorry guys I'll be Ottawa for my mom's wedding this weekend so I'll have to pass.  Good luck guys looking forward to seeing this thing finished. Wish I could be there to help finish it though.
Buy some safety glasses.
You can jackoff with a fake hand but you cant see out of a glass eye.

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 08:28:47 AM »
Only a few days to the bridge project so here is some more info.

On Saturday we will split up into some groups with one group working on drilling 60+- holes we still need in the bridge beams and also assembling the bridge components. We will have a generator on site but more would be helpful. Also large sockets, wrenches and electric impact wrenches will be helpfull, pinbars and a come-along with chain would be helpfull aligning components.

A second group will be working on completing the abutments and adding some fill to raise the level of the bridge. For this rakes, shovels, drills hammers, chain saw and chain saw pants all will be tools we need.   

At the end of the day Saturday we hope to have the bridge in place and the steel components all assembled.

On sunday we will move the wood for the bridge deck, and install it on the bridge. For this saws, hammers, drills, screw guns, , grinder with a cut off wheel, generator, chain saw and chain saw pants, all will be helpfull tools. If you have tools bring them please.

Please remember to bring and use personal proper safety equipment.

Below is a ling to maps on the ASRD web site. 

http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/fieldoffices/southernrockies/ghostwaiparous/pdf/Panel_B2.pdf

The bridge is located between points 93 and 89 on the map. We will be meeting at the Ghost Air strip at 8:45 and leaving for the bridge site by 9;15. If you are coming in on a quad you can unload and start the trail from the gravel pit.   

If you want to camp for the weekend please send me a PM and I can provide you with that info.

Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:41:59 AM by 01sahara »

Offline Joel

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Super Uber Web Wheeler
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
For those coming out on Saturday, lets meet at Smitty's Cochrane around 7:15 for a BIG BACON Breakfast.  Let's plan to roll out of the parking lot around 8:15 - 8:30 for those that can't wake up that early.

We'll meet Blair and the gang at the Ghost air strip.
03 TJ - 6" body lift and 31 MTR's, other wise stock.

Offline Ostego

• UberWheeler
  • Full Size Jeep
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 04:42:48 PM »
Between points 93 and 89... :o
Oh never mind I'm thinking of the bridge at 91, that's a sketchy one with all those metal bars sticking up...wide tires beware I've already had one flat there.  Gave me and my buddy some time to pull a bunch of trash out of that little creek too...you wouldn't belive how much crap was in the water near that bridge. >:(
'95 ZJ: 3" Budget lift, quick-disconnects, 31x10.5 Savero MT's
'74 J20: 401, Holley Street Avenger 4 barrel, custom  camper.
'75 F100: 351M, 5" Super Lift.