Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: OK WTF is really different? XJ Body questions,..  (Read 1565 times)

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
OK WTF is really different? XJ Body questions,..
« on: January 29, 2009, 08:50:43 PM »

Ok I managed to get my hands on a second XJ that got lightly T-boned,.. Passenger side door, rocker and 1/4 were damaged. I got the 1/4 pulled out, new rocker,.. Now to find some doors P/S is Fawkered and DS is really rusty.

So now the question the wreckers are saying 84-93 is one door, 93-96 is another type of door and 97-01 is the 3rd style. Now what is really the difference??? I was under the impression they were all the same as I have a 97-01 front clip on my 1989,...

Can someone she some light on this please?

Oh and I am still on the look for some doors,.
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: OK WTF is really different? XJ Body questions,..
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 08:55:45 PM »
i think JP mag just did this install on their one of their own jeeps. it may have been an MJ though. i htin kthe differences were due to different 1/4 windows/vent windows on the doors. and the dash may not line up with the wrong door. may just need to see them in person and take a few measurments... of course check the door strikers as well.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 04:14:55 AM »
they did have to move the door latch on the door .... just redrilled the holes.... interesting read
98 ZJ, 5" lift, 4.10's, 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's, 231 swap,  winch/bumper, rock rails, lincoln locker, CB, parked, waiting to pass SK insp
01 WJ, the pavement princess that has been mirror deep in a hole
RIP -- 88 XJ, 3" Skyjacker, 31 MT

HMFI

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 10:08:34 PM »
Then the glove box wouldn't open if the door was closed I recall.