Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: who woulda guessed....  (Read 16828 times)

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: who woulda guessed....
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2009, 08:00:51 PM »
Well my order to North Shore went in today.  Apparently it is possible to stock JKS disco's and spidertrax wheel spacers.  The guys I dealt with took them off the shelf today to wait until my lift and shocks get there in 3 weeks, to my house 2 days after they have them.  Only 50% up front!!!  I wont post the deal I got, but there is now NO reason for me to shop in Calgary

Offline Fredduck

• That CB Yapper
  • RIDE ON
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2009, 06:38:42 PM »
Northridge wharehouse will be in calgary in a few months or so....

GOOD DEAL as long as the prices are fair and in Canuck bucks. It's about time someone tapped into a frustrated consumer market.
3.9 CTD - 7000R4  NP241c SSYE, Dana 44.  9 inch, 4.10's  and 37's

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2009, 11:08:26 PM »
this has to be the best   rage rant  ever
too bad we couldn't print it off and send it too the "shop at the bottom of the hill"
see if it would sink into ther heads that ALOT of boys are not happy at all

STILL WAITING FOR MY ALTERNATOR TO BE FIXED ON WARRENTY  UP TOO 6 MONTHS NOW
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
newfies are everywhere

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2009, 11:41:21 PM »
GOOD DEAL as long as the prices are fair and in Canuck bucks. It's about time someone tapped into a frustrated consumer market.

Unless something out of the ordinary happens, I would expect prices to be lower, but not incredibly so....there needs to be more competition for that to happen.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »
Well my order to North Shore went in today.  Apparently it is possible to stock JKS disco's and spidertrax wheel spacers.  The guys I dealt with took them off the shelf today to wait until my lift and shocks get there in 3 weeks, to my house 2 days after they have them.  Only 50% up front!!!  I wont post the deal I got, but there is now NO reason for me to shop in Calgary

Yup, I've had nothing but good service from North Shore since I heard about them. If they suspect a long wait they even recommended I order direct through the states instead of making me sit and wait for them to get it.

Friday morning I ordered a set of tires from them and they just rolled to my front door at 9:30 this morning (Monday) already. I'll add they were also $105 PER TIRE cheaper than a phone call to National on Thursday afternoon.

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2009, 01:45:28 PM »
anybody else excited about northridge is  coming to canada in  2 months or so :-[ :-[
newfies are everywhere

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2009, 02:26:35 PM »
From what I've noticed on their web site months ago, I'm not at all excited about them coming up here. From what I saw at that time they only go back as far as YJ. If you don't go back further than that then you may as well go down with Chrysler.  ;)

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2009, 03:02:07 PM »
From what I've noticed on their web site months ago, I'm not at all excited about them coming up here. From what I saw at that time they only go back as far as YJ. If you don't go back further than that then you may as well go down with Chrysler.  ;)

I've gotten lots of cj stuff from him, he just doesnt list as the demand is low :)

My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2009, 07:47:11 PM »
do they just deal with jeep parts? anything else like dana 60 stuff or other aftermarket transfer case?
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2009, 09:00:50 PM »
I just deleted a big rant I wrote and would like to remind our members how good national 4wd has been to our club. How many door prizes have they donated in the last couple of years? I have lost count. They have supported our club for many years now.

They are in business to make money, if they thought there was money to be made stocking more jeep parts, they would.  I've ordered parts from both modern and national, I know it is going to take longer than they say, something always comes up. I am sure for the most part they do their best.
Sure, sometimes the some of the staff at these stores have some attitude, but after a couple of visits you figure out who to talk too and who to ignore. The economy is changing a little, I imagine you are going to see businesses wanting your money make some changes in the way they do business.

It will be good when Northridge comes to Alberta, hopefully they will have a retail outlet not just mail order, i heard that they were looking at Ponoka, seems kind of strange to me, Red deer makes more sense you would think.  I will gladly drive for an hour or two to pick up parts I know are in stock. If my rig is down because I need parts now pricing is secondary.

I would be fine with a 100% downpayment as long as is fully refundable if they don't live up to their delivery time (they won't do that of course). When someone takes your money guarantee's delivery in two weeks then two or three months later you are still waiting, that is totally unacceptable. And that's the only negative thing i will say about local stores.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2009, 09:30:26 PM »
I just deleted a big rant I wrote and would like to remind our members how good national 4wd has been to our club. How many door prizes have they donated in the last couple of years? I have lost count. They have supported our club for many years now.

They are in business to make money, if they thought there was money to be made stocking more jeep parts, they would.  I've ordered parts from both modern and national, I know it is going to take longer than they say, something always comes up. I am sure for the most part they do their best.
Sure, sometimes the some of the staff at these stores have some attitude, but after a couple of visits you figure out who to talk too and who to ignore. The economy is changing a little, I imagine you are going to see businesses wanting your money make some changes in the way they do business.

It will be good when Northridge comes to Alberta, hopefully they will have a retail outlet not just mail order, i heard that they were looking at Ponoka, seems kind of strange to me, Red deer makes more sense you would think.  I will gladly drive for an hour or two to pick up parts I know are in stock. If my rig is down because I need parts now pricing is secondary.

I would be fine with a 100% downpayment as long as is fully refundable if they don't live up to their delivery time (they won't do that of course). When someone takes your money guarantee's delivery in two weeks then two or three months later you are still waiting, that is totally unacceptable. And that's the only negative thing i will say about local stores.

Doorprizes are good, as is support for a club. But you hit the nail on the head when you said that they're in business to make money. They wouldn't have donated those door prizes if they didn't think that it was sound to do over the long term. They made an "investment" in club, looking for a "return" of increased business from the club members. The door prizes are like buying flowers for your date - it'll win you lots of Brownie points, but you can lose all the ground that you just gained if you start acting like a jerk.

Throughout the times I've been into the shop that seems to be in question here, they have yet to give me a good reason to go back. The reasons that I would be loyal to a business are price, availability, being locally owned, and providing good service.

1. Their markup means that unless I get truly HOSED on shipping, it's cheaper to by from a US place. Not always by much, but there's certainly no cost benefit to shopping there.

2. Their in-stock selection is minimal, and the wait times are longer than ordering directly from the US.

3. I think that they're locally owned, so that's one count in their favour.

4. Service. Well, not only have I been given the cold shoulder, but when one of my co-workers went in to look at a set of new wheels for his Dodge 1 ton, they treated him so poorly that he turned on his heel and walked out - vowing not to return.

If they were to get their act together, provide good service, and decrease the wait times (or require less than a 100% deposit), I'd be willing to shop there. Not under the current circumstances. I'll keep ordering my stuff on line, or go up the hill to talk with Drew. Even if he can't always get me the pricing that I'd like to see, or may end up not being to get parts in as fast, he has always invested his time in treating me right.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2009, 10:58:00 PM »
I agree with that as well, but I do have one question.  Why does it take longer for a big company like National to get a part in than it takes to get it from a US company like Quadratech or IRO?  Also saying that shipping time is "probably around a month" isnt really any kind of guaranteed, not when you are dealing with an order worth close to $2000.

I would have no problem with 100% deposit if it gave me some protection as well, instead of the dealer having both my money and parts.  Say i give the dealer $1000 for parts, 2 months go by and nothing yet.  I have ZERO recourse against them since I cant stop payment on my CC and Im pretty sure they would be fairly hesitant to refund money on a part that is probably gonna come in sometime down the road.  Now if i put 50% down on parts and they are not here in 2 months I can maybe reorder or the dealer will be more motivated to locate the items or try harder to fix the problem since they might be stuck with a product on which they are out money.

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2009, 10:06:00 AM »
no the problem is that we are such a little corner of the market and the boys at the bottom of the hill don't care
they dont care if  our parts take months to get here  cause there figure there are only two shops in town and they can do as the please cause there isn't alot of  place we can turn too
newfies are everywhere

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2009, 11:15:16 AM »
i still us ebay

if im going to wait and have to pay shipping  and put down 100%  then ebay is still cheaper and i dont even have to leave my house .

so untill the store down the hill can start getting there stuff together then i wont be spending much money there
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline rangerdanger

• Budget Lift
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2009, 06:21:34 PM »
Modern has always treated me well and either has had the parts I need in stock or got them in within 2 weeks for me. The staff are also friendly and helpful. That being said when it came time to buy my lift I ordered direct from the states and save about $700 vs ordering from either of the local stores.
Lethbridge Coulee Kruzer