Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: March 14th CJA open run  (Read 11027 times)

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Re: March 14th CJA open run
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »
holy crap... that was painful to read. Please use spell check... it will help. Thx...

As of who can come on a run... it up to the trail leader.

That would be  Waytec...

Back to the topic boys and girls ... who's coming on the 14th  :D

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 08:13:32 PM »
well i was just thinking of a new members run we could add an all makes and moldes  4x4 run.........   we could contact all the other sites and mabey meet for a great run  of all i think that could be a start to something great as in we could all work together to gane are trails back and convert to a massive 4x4 entheusiest club instead of being all different we could all join as one club and be strounger better faster 
i just think we could get more done if all the different clubs work together sry for geting off topic but i had to say somthing just let me know what you think.......................

sry again for getting off topic...
95 3/4 ton Chev  dailydriver/heavy hauler
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers

Offline comanche killer

• UberWheeler
  • Aaron
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 08:17:55 PM »
sry again but as well we could make our show and shin for all 4x4 and not just jeeps someone has to make the first move and i think it should be us because we are the biggest club am i not right
95 3/4 ton Chev  dailydriver/heavy hauler
97 green MZJ custom 4link rear/3link front, FF 14 bolt rear welded, D 60 front, ax-15, np-231,custom rollcage, half doors, PSC hydro assist 14"kings 40"boggers

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 08:18:42 PM »
I have posted on the Pack Rats (Red Deer) and NA4DWA (Edmonton)

Who is coming?
We do not need to know about all the pepole that are not coming.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 08:23:29 PM by Waytec »
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline XJHERO

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Soberphobic
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 08:34:58 PM »
sry again but as well we could make our show and shin for all 4x4 and not just jeeps someone has to make the first move and i think it should be us because we are the biggest club am i not right
jeep runs jeep club
some open runs are open to all diff  kinds of truck if you lead the run u decide
and are show and shine is for all  diff  kinds of truck
 back on topic i think you get the point
so whos going wheeling .....................with other jeep
Like ivry soap....pure as frack
DD
Get at me Wolf

Offline 01sahara

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 10:24:33 PM »
well i was just thinking of a new members run we could add an all makes and moldes  4x4 run.........   we could contact all the other sites and mabey meet for a great run  of all i think that could be a start to something great as in we could all work together to gane are trails back and convert to a massive 4x4 entheusiest club instead of being all different we could all join as one club and be strounger better faster 
i just think we could get more done if all the different clubs work together sry for geting off topic but i had to say somthing just let me know what you think.......................

sry again for getting off topic...

So this one is an open run for jeeps only. Thats Ok it gives non members with jeeps a chance to come out to a jeep only event.  There will be other runs with other clubs. I was invited out last month to wheel with the Land Crusers Club and I was invited to thier January meeting to share info on trail projects. The clubs are woking together. Examples of this: last years bridge; several of this years planed trail projects; the Trail Survey group; The Bow River Stewarship Commity; The quad briges we have helped build in the last two years.  Even the ACE event is mixed for short wheel base 4x4s of many brands. The clubs are comunicating and working together. We don't have to change the Jeep Club or this run to get that started. It allready has.  If any of the readers want to be invloved in a multi club effort to  improve the trails, plan on taking the weekend long training the first of May. Dom posted all about it a few days ago.  There will be representitives of not just different 4x4 but bikes, quads and we hope other user groups.   A multi club run is alredy planed up north this year ( ACE ). 
Super Winch, 33" MT, 2 1/2" lift , CB, Flat Fender
http://melaman2.com/cartoons/singles/george-jungle.html

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2009, 08:23:06 PM »
im in for the 14th
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Phill

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2009, 08:41:20 PM »
;)

LOL, thats all I needed, sorry to cause the drama.    :P   

The JEEP club is for JEEPS  ;)  I would never try and join it Haha, I just wanted to try and trick John into having to follow me through some hard stuff to see if his jeep could keep up.    ;D

Offline barmanjay

• That CB Yapper
  • Wanna buy a trail? or Garage w/attached house?
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2009, 08:59:32 PM »
....follow me through some hard stuff to see if his jeep could keep up.    ;D

Nice,.. but it's not about keeping up,.. it's about staying up - upright,..when you travel with your peers (ie: other jeeps), the likely hood of having a good time increases, and if jeep related problems arise,.. there's bound to be someone who can help ;) - great theory "safety in numbers"

I'm still on the fence guys,.. been packing all evening

hopefully if I've packed the whole house,.. I may come.
The realtor that gets dirty
Dirty Old YJ , 4" spring lift and 33's  - Sold - *snif*
300C SRT8 - Workmobile

Jason Kim
Realtor
Maxwell City Central
889-4747

www.jaykim.ca

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2009, 10:39:31 PM »
Here is the law. If you don’t like it, stop complaining and lead your own run.
Open run to members, non members and potential members Of the Calgary JEEP Association.
If you have a Jeep show please come. If you do not have a Jeep and wish to join us PM me first. I have my reasons and don’t have to discus them here. Phill is in if he wishes to join us.
You must have:
CB (no FRS)
Front and rear tow points, with your own tow strap.
Good MT or AT tiers. Bald and street tiers are going home.
Your rig must be in good mechanical form.
Your own food, water and warm clothing. I am not your mother.

I was out their today and the snow is deep in places and pulls you in. There is also lots of ice in places. The hills are step but we all made it.   

« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 12:15:24 PM by Waytec »
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2009, 11:12:33 PM »
LOL, thats all I needed, sorry to cause the drama.    :P   

The JEEP club is for JEEPS  ;)  I would never try and join it Haha, I just wanted to try and trick John into having to follow me through some hard stuff to see if his jeep could keep up.    ;D

'trick'? hahaha, you know i'll follow you buddy, up snowy hills, down quad trails and into fallen trees where ARBs seem to disengage, where winches roam without the need of a controller hahaha

Aaron, (commanche runner)  its a nice idea to try and get a bunch of people together on a trail ride but a comglomerate of all types of wheelers would just take FOREVER to get down a trail. especially snow/icy trails, and i don't wanna wait around for 25 vehicles to cruise up an icy incline or watchpeople dink around in ruts and stuff with 10 jeeps/trucks waiting. gets on peoples nerves. 
plus look how hard it is to coordinate one open run; to do it with many others would just multiply the difficulty of such a feat.

ps.... if you have buddies with other vehicles, nothing is stopping you guys from going out wheelin without the club

my .02
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

FullMetalJeep

Find a different club
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 09:59:30 AM »
if anyone wants to participate with a club that isnt designated to just one brand of vehicle then I suggest you check out the 4 Wheel Stampeders in calgary.

http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca/

google it. they're a club, doesnt matter what you drive.... I swear I even saw Gunther pulling around a fricken KIA.... oh god. that is why I am in a Jeep club.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »
You have bad eyes That was an Ikea and  assembly was required.
You guys do a fine job of hijacking a thread.  :P

Offline sn4cktime

• UberWheeler
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 01:01:51 PM »
I might be in.  Have to confirm I've got no commitments that day.  Had a good time sliding around the hills the last time I went out.  Tires will be at 8-10 PSI once again.
----1988 AMC Eagle, mostly a flat XJ at this point----

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 01:33:58 PM »
Ahh Phill, the days were some much simpler when the Jeep club consisted of three Jeep TJs, 1 F150 and a Tacoma  ;)

Back to your regular scheduled drama-fest,