Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Nailed or not Nailed  (Read 8010 times)

Offline dac

• That CB Yapper
Re: Nailed or not Nailed
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 10:37:11 PM »
Jeff, did he tail you before he pulled you over?  He may have had a pretty good idea how fast you were going   ???
This is not 'Nam, this is wheeling.  There are rules.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 11:38:37 PM »
its a guestamation .. the cop saw me passing people so that means i was going faster then others but doesnt mean i was speeding just means people were driving slower then me
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 11:42:58 PM »
Jeff, based on what you have said its probably easy to fight this ticket.  The cop probably drives an XJ and was jealous

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 11:45:44 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn .     but its probably true
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 11:50:17 PM »
Is your lift on yet?

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 11:51:59 PM »
saturday it should be .. unless i get stuck working

you want to come help

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 11:54:10 PM »
Saturday might be the day we are doing my ARB and winch.  Are you gonna do it Sunday perhaps?

joker

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 11:57:51 PM »
installing the lift your self?

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 12:24:45 AM »
well if i get this job done by friday then ill be in the shop saturday morning doing the lift thats if it shows up by friday

plus i need to get a yoke from DSI by then so im ready for the new CV drive shaft

and yes im planning on doing it my self . it cant be that hard

Offline tubby

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Life's too short for a fulltime job
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 01:27:29 AM »
Jeff, just because you were a TV repairman doesn't mean it will be easy to do the lift. ;)
Call me, and I will definately help you with your Jeep.
Lockers
Cuz ya can't kick arse with only one leg

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2009, 01:29:28 AM »
sounds good .. thanks

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2009, 09:58:40 AM »
just hit all your bolts with WD 40 and you will be good to go.  ask Fraser how snug some of those bolts can be ;)
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

FullMetalJeep

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2009, 10:32:23 AM »
the doors and roof is BS. so is the mirrors as long as you have the review intact your good. when i drop my windshield on nice days I have screw in side mirrors, though not fully legal as they are not replacement for door mirrors, it is still a deterrent.

as for the estimated ticket.... yea you could fight it. but one thing i have painfully learned is sometimes, if you know you where in the wrong, just take ownership and responsibility for your actions.

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2009, 09:34:57 PM »
Just hit everything with rustbreak... seriously. We took out bolts and nuts that you wouldn't think you needed to take out.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2009, 10:05:48 PM »
Just hit everything with rustbreak... seriously. We took out bolts and nuts that you wouldn't think you needed to take out.

Words of wisdom.

I remember as a kid, my dad bought an old Farmall model A that had been sitting in a field who knows how long without any real maintenance. For a about a month, my job was to go out and hit every bolt I could find on the thing with penetrating oil twice a week. By the time we were ready to start wrenching on it, you could actually make headway with the nuts and bolts!

By the way, Jeff - I'll be in Montana this weekend, so won't be available to help you with your lift...but I've got an electric impact that you can borrow if you need. 1/2" torque wrench as well. Let me know.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:07:19 PM by w squared »
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(