Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Nailed or not Nailed  (Read 8009 times)

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
Re: Nailed or not Nailed
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2009, 10:26:21 PM »
Words of wisdom.

I remember as a kid, my dad bought an old Farmall model A that had been sitting in a field who knows how long without any real maintenance. For a about a month, my job was to go out and hit every bolt I could find on the thing with penetrating oil twice a week. By the time we were ready to start wrenching on it, you could actually make headway with the nuts and bolts!

By the way, Jeff - I'll be in Montana this weekend, so won't be available to help you with your lift...but I've got an electric impact that you can borrow if you need. 1/2" torque wrench as well. Let me know.

thanks TODD i have both an electric and air impact plus some serious breaker bars
to the sounds of it the lift isnt ready to ship .. my CV drive shaft is on Back order
so it might be a few more days
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2009, 11:37:41 PM »
So you were doing 120, the cop estimated you were over a hundred then knocked the ticket down. Pay the ticket and think yourself lucky he didn't have a radar gun.

The cops estimate traffic speeds all day long , my guess is they get pretty good at it after a while.
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2009, 12:22:48 AM »
ya he was pretty close to it .. my speedo was reading like 116 but i have bigger tires
so he was very close
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 03:51:58 PM »
50 over is dangerous driving and they can tow your vehicle away right there and then

But dangerous driving can also be at any speed depending on what your doing

Offline The Machinist

• CJA Members
  • That CB Yapper
  • I’m with stupid!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 04:03:10 PM »
But dangerous driving can also be at any speed depending on what your doing

Like driving over a meridian, doht!  Shouldn't a done that, got 6 demerits for wreckless driving. 
I just can’t resist a good mud hole!  🤦

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 10:24:16 PM »
Like driving over a meridian, doht!  Shouldn't a done that, got 6 demerits for wreckless driving. 

that sucks .. i do that like 3 times a week    i gues ill have to stop that habbit

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 10:30:51 PM »

that sucks .. i do that like 3 times a week    i gues ill have to stop that habbit

Same here LOL, lift this weekend Jeff?  I'll even let you touch my sliders

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2009, 10:35:43 PM »
i wish i could but its not in yet .. waiting on the drive shaft .. when are you doing you ARB and where