Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Post May Long Weekend Cleanup in McLean - The boss corrected me.  (Read 9094 times)

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
Re: Post May Long Weekend Cleanup in McLean - The boss corrected me.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 12:09:36 PM »
Hey michie
Could be arrange for a meeting at the store at mclean on tue morning for those of us you dont know where u are camping
newfies are everywhere

Michie

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »
Sounds Good Let say 9am at the store
Hey michie
Could be arrange for a meeting at the store at mclean on tue morning for those of us you dont know where u are camping

Michie

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 07:41:08 PM »
To WHom ever is coming to help us cleanign up, bring a travel Mug I am going to have hot chocolate for anyone who wants some :)

Offline i_go_commando

• UberWheeler
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 09:53:37 PM »
what about a weekend after may long cleanup trip. i work durring the week
1973 jeep commando -amc 360, 727,203/208, waggy d 44 and amc20- soa, OBA- on hiatus
1958 fc 170 cabover quad cab 3/4 pickup.continetal engine/ 700r4/ dana 300 current project

Offline Toyman

• UberWheeler
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 10:22:03 PM »
That is usually what happens.  I am "guessing" there will be a clean up on the following Saturday organized amonst the different user groups.  I'll be down with that...again.
04 Rubi

Michie

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 02:13:18 AM »
I hope to still be there next weekend, but need to come home sunday to go to work on monday :(

what about a weekend after may long cleanup trip. i work durring the week

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 02:22:14 AM »
Are we doing a clean up next weekend?  If we do it could be a good opportunity to show the news stations in town the side of wheeling that never gets reported.

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 09:08:42 AM »
Be very careful with the media... keep them, out of it if possible. They are looking for drama to make the public react... They don't care about the good story.. I took Global out to a "not so bad spot" last year... talked about the good work we did and what's wrong with the system... It never hit the air. The lady was out with us all day taking shots... never hit the air.

I would keep them out of it... I don't trucks these guys at all .. that's my 2 cents

Michie

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 09:55:41 AM »
Pat and I will be out until Sunday :) Hope to see people out there

Michele

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 11:33:28 AM »
Be very careful with the media... keep them, out of it if possible. They are looking for drama to make the public react... They don't care about the good story.. I took Global out to a "not so bad spot" last year... talked about the good work we did and what's wrong with the system... It never hit the air. The lady was out with us all day taking shots... never hit the air.

I would keep them out of it... I don't trucks these guys at all .. that's my 2 cents

Unless you do PR for a living, talking to the media is probably one of the most dangerous things you can do. If it suits their purposes, they'll make your statement saying "Momma rabbit gave birth today, but only six of the ten little ones survived" out to mean "I STRANGLED four baby bunnies today! HAHAHAHAHA!" Then they'll splice together a loop that guarantees that you'll be chased through the streets by a torch-wielding mob.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

boggjr

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »
there was 2 bins out there on fisher west and one i think on fisher east if my memory serves me correct but then again i am getting up there in age

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 10:46:56 PM »
so whats going on .. is there a clean up all week
or is there going to be a weekend thing as well
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline GiS

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 12:58:08 PM »
This entire thread and only one date issued...Monday, as in yesterday.

So when is the clean-up? What time do we arrive? What day? Meeting location?

Thanks Pat and Mitchie,

Offline newfie

• Budget Lift
  • newbie and loven it
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 10:16:44 PM »
hey fokes
 i went out today and gave them a hand .  They said that they were gonna stay out all week but the little dude was getting sick so that might make them come back early.
 they are out on fisher east road camping on the l/h side of the road tenting
if that helps anyone
newfies are everywhere

Michie

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 10:44:38 PM »
Hey Guys,

Nicky and I stayed home tonight so we both get better, but will be returning to Mclean tomorrow, Should be there until Sat night
If you are out looking for us look for the yellow tent <small northface> White canopy, and Now a tented outhouse <lol>

Hope to see you guys out there :)

Thanx for all the help today...... :P now I am heading to my warm bed .... Hope Pat is ok
hey fokes
 i went out today and gave them a hand .  They said that they were gonna stay out all week but the little dude was getting sick so that might make them come back early.
 they are out on fisher east road camping on the l/h side of the road tenting
if that helps anyone