Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Chrysler dealers closing  (Read 8234 times)

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Chrysler dealers closing
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »
I know that parts are very scarce indeed! My 2003 Rubicon has been at Tower Chrysler for a couple of months now waiting on a transfer case. Covered under warranty and they still don't have one in North America to spare. Very frustrating as they keep "2 weeking" me to death!! I have already lost over $1500 in car payments and insurance. Hope that they don't put a five star service award banner up for 2009....

Stories like this go a long way towards explaining why Chrysler is in the state that it is, and why they will be trimming dealerships.

You're still making payments on a vehicle that is still under warranty...yet it's been out of service for MONTHS. I'm willing to wager that the dealership (and Chrysler) aren't doing anything to compensate for the fact that your vehicle (under warranty) has been sitting there, useless to you.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline jeepxtc

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2009, 09:21:52 AM »
An Instructor I know from Nait who teaches in the automotive area for apprentices...told me that there are  7 Chrysler dealers in the Edmonton area closing.
(there are 9 including Leduc around Edmonton)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2009, 10:05:43 AM »
I know that parts are very scarce indeed! My 2003 Rubicon has been at Tower Chrysler for a couple of months now waiting on a transfer case. Covered under warranty and they still don't have one in North America to spare. Very frustrating as they keep "2 weeking" me to death!! I have already lost over $1500 in car payments and insurance. Hope that they don't put a five star service award banner up for 2009....

That does suck. But i have heard its now happening in many places. Parts are not forthcoming North American wide. You kinda got caught in the middle of this mess. i am sure Dealers are fumed as well.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline BackInBlack

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2009, 10:22:38 AM »
Shaganappi SOUTH got the axe, the original shag in the NW is safe.

You sure about that?  I live in the NW and ride the CTrain past Shaganappi every day.  Yesterday they parked a bunch of vehicles on the grass facing Crowchild Trail and had a banner up which read "Massive Everything Must Go Sale" or something to that effect.

Offline esi

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 02:15:00 PM »
They might just be clearing out of both lots to make room to completely clean out the North store
Formerly of Boots & Boost Inc
Back farming and fabricating again.

Offline Green Hornet

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 06:39:31 PM »
As an update, went over for the third time to get some sort of answer. The new date that they gave me was July 15th. I told them that their credibility was not the best. I also suggested that they "Buy one now" on Ebay and eat whatever the extra expense is...

I have a meeting with the owner tomorrow if the purchase is not authorized. (I am starting to go thru Rubicon Withdrawal, hehehe)

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 10:18:21 AM »
As an update, went over for the third time to get some sort of answer. The new date that they gave me was July 15th. I told them that their credibility was not the best. I also suggested that they "Buy one now" on Ebay and eat whatever the extra expense is...

I have a meeting with the owner tomorrow if the purchase is not authorized. (I am starting to go thru Rubicon Withdrawal, hehehe)

Given how long they've had it "under repair" for the same problem, you may want to take a look into the possibility of a "lemon law". I'm not sure of there's legislation of this type in Canada, but I know that in the US, each state seems to have specific parameters for vehicles. If it's in the shop for X number of days total during "Y" amount of time, or if it goes to the shop more than "Z" number of times for the same problem, then they are obliged to buy it back from you.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Green Hornet

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2009, 08:45:53 AM »
Might have some action! Went to Regional Service Mgr to get them to buy a Xfer case immediately. I suggested EBay "Buy it now". Keeping my fingers crossed that I will get it out of the shop by month end. Interesting that they would send me an electronic phone reminder that my Jeep is overdue maintenance! lol!

Offline AMCJeep

• Budget Lift
  • Wheel, break, fix, repeat ...
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2009, 11:30:05 PM »
An Instructor I know from Nait who teaches in the automotive area for apprentices...told me that there are  7 Chrysler dealers in the Edmonton area closing.
(there are 9 including Leduc around Edmonton)

I see Capital Jeep is one of them.  :D
At least those crooks won't be shafting any more Chrysler people with their antics.
I hope they enjoy the new building & location to sell used cars ...

Gotta love karma  :)
09 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Sunburst Orange
90 YJ AKA Papa Smurf"4.2, AX15, Completely unmolested
03 Ram 2500 QC, LB, 5.9 CTD

Offline Green Hornet

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2009, 09:56:30 AM »
All's well that ends well! Modern Motor's to the rescue! Tower bought the Xfer case from them. It was ready in 4 days and I have even tested it out to make sure that there aren't any bugs in it, lol!! Thanks Tower for making it right.