Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• Off-Road 101: June 12, 2010 - June 13, 2010

Author Topic: CJA Off-Road 101 Course  (Read 19163 times)

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
CJA Off-Road 101 Course
« on: March 07, 2010, 06:52:49 PM »
The Calgary Jeep Association is pleased to announce the 3rd annual Off-Road 101Course

This is a one day course that will introduce participants to the basic skills that are necessary during an Off-Road adventure, as well as safe and environmentally friendly practices while on the trail.

The number of participants is limited to 20 per day, so please register soon at http://offroad101.calgaryjeep.com

Date: June 12, 13, 2010

Entry fee: Donation to the Calgary Jeep Association Trail Fund.

**The trail fund is used to build and maintain the local OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) trail system in order to insure that future generations can enjoy it. **

Vehicle Requirements to attend
•   Must be a Jeep Product that has off road capabilities
•   Must have up to date Registration, Insurance and License plates  
•   Must have front tow points properly secured to the vehicle
•   A proper seat belt for each passenger and driver
•   Must have good quality tires (no worn out and bald tires please)

Driver and Participants
•   The owner of the vehicle must be present
•   The driver must have a valid driver’s license
•   All non CJA members must sign a liability waver

Drugs and alcohol is strictly prohibited. You will be asked to leave and possibly the police will be contacted
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:16:54 PM by FiEND »
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
Re: CJA Off-Road 101 Course
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »
I would like to first thank everyone of you and your guests that are participating in the first CJA Off-Road 101 Course.  We are hoping to have a fun and educational day for all.

The Course will be held within the McLean Creek Off Road Recreation Area on Saturday June 12th and Sunday June 13th 2010.  We will be meeting at 8:30am at the McLean Creek store for check in.  At 9am we will travel to the gravel pit as a group where we will hold the learning sessions.  A Map to the Mclean Creek store is found on the CJA web site here.

We will break for lunch at approx 11:30am. Please bring yourself and guests a picnic lunch and lots of water.  There will be no time or facilities for cooking.

At approximately 12:30 we will embark on a trail run on a pre-selected trail. You will have to use your newly learned skills over the course of the run and may possibly push your comfort levels a bit.  We do however guarantee that all the obstacles are passable and should you feel really uncomfortable there is a bypass around most of them.

The 101 course will end with the completion of the selected trail. At this point you will have the opportunity to head home or if time permits there may be another run on a more challenging trail. If such run does occur, the trail leader will determine what the requirements are for the run at that point.

I am at this time going to warn you that there are serious risks that are taken when off-roading, we are going to try to teach you the safest procedures to ensure that every one is as safe as possible. Damage to your vehicle is also a strong possibility “trail rash” is a very likely to occur.

All non member participants will have to read and sing the CJA liability waiver. All participants under the age of 18 will have to have a legal guardian sign for them.  For participants that have children under the age of 5 we strongly suggest that they are not brought to this event.   Also we'd like to request that pets are left at home for this day too.  

For more info on this subject please do not hesitate to PM me and I will answer or have an individual contact you to answer your questions.

In conclusion I have a few reminders:
- a donation to the CJA Trail fund will be asked as an entry fee.
- Drugs and alcohol is strictly prohibited. You will be asked to leave and possibly the police will be contacted.
- The owner of the vehicle must be present, either as a driver or rider.
- Proof of ownership, insurance and a valid driver's license for the driver is required and will be asked for.
- Please notify someone that you are attending the event, and bring the info for an emergency contact.  It will be required and asked for.
- Extra clothing is strongly suggested. One full change is a good idea; you could get very wet during the day.
- The Course will be a go rain or shine.  

Thank you for participating

To Register Visit  http://offroad101.calgaryjeep.com

If the date that you have selected is full and space is still available for the other day you will be contacted to see of you are available for the that day.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:20:32 PM by Waytec »

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 07:06:22 PM »
The course is one month away.

We still have lots of spaces available.

9 for Saturday and 14 for Sunday

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 11:12:21 PM »
2 weeks to go.
Thank you everyone the Saturday is now full and Sunday has 10 spaces left.
Please notify me if you have not received a confirmation email or you cannot attend the day.

Offline fraserr7

• Budget Lift
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 10:49:37 AM »
Interested in the coarse,  any spots left? The only thing I don't have is front tow hooks, I generaly just wrap a strap around my bumper if need be

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 12:12:01 PM »
tow points are mandatory for this event.  vehicles without proper towhooks will not be allowed to participate.  there will be no exceptions;  if you sign up, please put proper towpoints on the front of the jeep so we can all have fun, and avoid turning anyone away.   

without proper tow points, an easy, fun trail ride can turn into a pain-in-the-butt situation really quick. 
if you have a wrangler this is the easiest modification to make.  unibody cherokees will require the proper factory, or aftermarket bracket kits.

good luck and hope to see your jeep properly equipped at the 101!
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 04:46:48 PM »
Interested in the coarse,  any spots left? The only thing I don't have is front tow hooks, I generaly just wrap a strap around my bumper if need be

Usually these are cheap and would be the proper way to pull you out of a sticky situation....

Usually we require front and rear tow points but we are a bit lax on that week-end...front is a must though.

see you there

Offline Sweetberry

• Stocker
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 01:27:38 PM »
Hey I'm going! I can't wait!! ;D ;D
Yippee!!! Let's Go!!! What are you waiting for!!

Offline bbrown

• Stocker
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »
hey is there any spots open still? I'm planning on go in out there Saturday or sunday with some friends but would like to learn from some people with alot  more experience!

let me know so i Can plan please thanks

brandon
2000 tj bb 31s and some bolt ons

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 09:38:52 PM »
I think Saturday is full but I believe there are spots for Sunday still.  Register at http://offroad101.calgaryjeep.com
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 12:36:52 AM »
I have space for Sunday available. If you are interested m me your name and number and I will put you down. I will not be getting anymore through  the registration site.
Tomorrow night Thursday the 10 the is the last night I will be taking new names.

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2010, 01:47:54 AM »
For those that are coming if you could please bring a pen with you, it would make life easy. As with everything in life there is paper work to be filled out.

Offline Knox

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2010, 08:26:58 AM »
just an idea, is it possible to post a pdf or email one out then we can fill it out before hand ?
2003 TJ
"Your TJ has the aerodynamics of a brick"
"if you lose the stick, chances are you'll lose the jeep......"

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »
No it is one simple check list for your inspection that is filled out buy one of the instructors and the liability wavers.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 12:18:46 PM »
weathers looking really nice for this weekend     ;D ;D
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build