Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• Off-Road 101: June 12, 2010 - June 13, 2010

Author Topic: CJA Off-Road 101 Course  (Read 19162 times)

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: CJA Off-Road 101 Course
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2010, 10:42:10 PM »
Actually, just a big ol' thanks to Kyle for coming back and volunteering on Sunday, even though he started off being in the passenger's seat on Saturday.
And thanks to Eric and Kyle for bringing Timmy's to us campers.... sooooooooo appreciated!!
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2010, 12:33:57 AM »
And thanks to Eric and Kyle for bringing Timmy's to us campers.... sooooooooo appreciated!!

Yes it was Yes it was.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline BrendonR

• Winch Wench
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2010, 07:55:54 AM »
Wish I could've gone this year, but there was no money in the bank for potential repairs.

And considering the story from LibertyHopeful - and that I have a 2008 KK - there WOULD have been repairs.  Glad to see another KK out there though.  For what it's worth, I took mine out to Margaret Lake in Waiparous last year, and it made it up there with no problems at all.

LibertyHopeful - check out:  http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/  There's a forum there specifically for KKs - Man there are some bad-arse liberty's on that site.  Give you some ideas at least.  I think 33 is currently the LARGEST tire on ANY KK, and it required extensive cutting/trimming.  Another KK with 33's built himself a custom front and rear bumper

Offline Danger-m

• Stocker
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2010, 12:40:24 PM »
Awesome way to spend a sunny hot Sunday afternoon!

The CJC course was professionally conducted and very well organized; thanks to all the club members!  Wasn't sure if my old YJ would make it, but it did hang together.  My son and I learned many things about 4 wheeling we never thot of before.  It was our 1st time at Mclean Creek and hope to return many times with the group.

Strongly recommend this course, too bad it isn't mandatory for all off roaders.

There were a few obstacles that we very changeling, luckily my old girl had a 3 inch lift and 31" MT tires (only wish I had disconnected the sway bar).  Those with stock suspensions and street tires shud be cautioned about eminent damage when signing up.  The CJC guys, looked the rigs over closely and made any concerns known to the drivers, from there you go at your own risk (and white knuckles).   

Anyone looking to get in the sport shud invest in a CB, it would help keeping all together; will have to head  down to the Walmart and check them out  ...

Will have to throw a  spare oil filter in the off road kit, along with a few other things that were mentioned.

Thanks guys/gals   

Dwight

Offline OffRoadNewbie

• UberWheeler
  • I Blame Keith !!
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2010, 02:19:05 PM »
2006 TJ its Green !! ;)
With A BIG dent in the door......

Offline canthonyparkinson

• Winch Wench
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2010, 04:24:12 PM »
Just want to add my thanks as well.  The instruction was excellent, and I only had to be pulled out once.  (Not bad since I hadn't been off roading like this in 20 years).

Anthony
Anthony Parkinson
2013 JKU Rubicon

BlackKJ

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2010, 11:56:48 PM »
hey MK's here, just signed up..   just like everyone else here...  instructors did a great job, thanks for volunteering...  it was an experience of a lifetime...  you guys gave me so much confidence and showed me the hidden capabilities of my KJ.  I'm don't think I'll purchase another vehicle without the JEEP logo because I am officially impressed!!  Met lots of new trail rated friends and I"ll definitely be out trailing again.  CJA is the best!!!    Thanks again guys!

Offline BlackAura

• Budget Lift
  • 2003 TJ Rubicon (Stock)
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »
I think I managed to thank most of you before we finished up on Sunday, but again, thanks to all the instructors!  I gotta agree with MK, I have way more confidence in my driving now.  I had only owned the Rubi for a week before the course, and I'd just started learning what she could do, but you really helped me push my limits.

It was  great to meet all the "students" as well, can't wait to see you on the trials again!

Also glad to hear that the "ol' flowerpot" made it home, and that you'll have her repaired soon.

Special thanks to Rubiclone for my new desktop background  ;D  I'd post it but it's against the rules :(
BlackAura (Kevin)
Migrated to Seattle for a while.

Offline Waytec

• Talks waaay too much!
  • not all there
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2010, 12:32:15 PM »
You need to become a member, because that is where you can post pics.
Why does your Jeep say Toyota on it?
The obstacle is the path.

Offline BlackAura

• Budget Lift
  • 2003 TJ Rubicon (Stock)
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »
You need to become a member, because that is where you can post pics.

Working on that :)

I've got an open event done (assuming the 101 counts), I plan on going on the 26th,  and I'm doing the meeting tonight.....when's the next trail cleanup / building a fence / bridge type thing?

Slowly but surely I'll get there.
BlackAura (Kevin)
Migrated to Seattle for a while.

Offline Shouldabeenaboy

• Stocker
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2010, 02:49:20 PM »
I've managed to get some Pic's uploaded to facebook from Sunday's 101... please feel free to check em out!  Let me know if you have any access problems.

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=632005419&k=43G3Y2SZ3T6G6BDASFX5Y3XUQ6BAX2WGVRGW&oid=1286729419286

8)

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2010, 09:38:32 PM »
Barb, that is a link to your login.... and I don't know your password. :D

Offline Shouldabeenaboy

• Stocker
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2010, 09:13:34 PM »
Hey Trevor!  If you have an account on facebook you should be able to log in and check out the pics.  Ha ha ... the guys got the flower pot fixed today.... you'd laugh!  2 engine mounts, transmition pan and bracket, fan shroud and one oil filter later....  we'll be back on the road by the weekend. 

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2010, 09:53:22 PM »
Facebook? What is this Facebook? Sounds like one of them new fangled contraptions that all them young hippies are using.