Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Jeep of the Month  (Read 7868 times)

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Re: Jeep of the Month
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 10:08:47 PM »
I disagree with this as I am a teenager trying to make it through highschool.  Due to this I do not have much money or time.  I live 2 hours away and just can't afford to drive as my paycheck barely covers my gas/ insurance as it is.  I don't think that because of this I should be stereotyped as "lazy"

Why would you think that post has anything to do with you? hmmmmmmmmmmm...........................

Doesnt matter what you agree with. Those classifications werent "opinions". Whether you fall into one of them or not, is for you to decide.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 09:31:18 PM »
Holy crap. This thread is awesome. Well put Bill. And another cool perk of being a member, I might add :D

Offline morerpmfred

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2010, 10:58:22 PM »
Another view point . 
$ 50 gets you in the cja if the other critera is meet .
$ 150 to  $ 600 gets you a gun club membership if you meet the legal requirments .
$ 1000 to  @ 20000 gets you a golf club membership if you have the social status .
                                     yes some of us are on a budget but it is a hell of a good bargain .   :)

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 04:42:06 PM »
Well this if my first post here.  I have been reading the forums for a few months now as I have recently bought a new Wrangler and do look forward to hitting the trails at some point (once the honeymoon is over with it and my wife says its Ok...).  I figure this is as good a thread as any to pipe up in.

Anyway, it feels like this topic has gone from a simple discussion on promoting wheeling through recognition to a debate on whether membership is worth it or not.  Here are my 2 cents.

I have always felt that memberships are important as they do weed out the leeches and keep people that are generally committed to participating with a group, and there should always be perks for being a member, no matter how simple it may be.

As for the photo's, I think the idea is great and I do think that the "official" Jeep of the month should be limited to Members jeep's only(perk of membership?).  That being said, I don't like the idea of them being tucked away in some members only area.  A large part of the reason that I am now interested in wheeling is because of this site and being able to see what people are doing with their rigs and the fun you all have with them.  It constantly keeps the wheels turning in my head on what I would like to do to/with my jeep.  This is a great way to promote the club and get people excited to join, and the reality of it is, that if this "hobby" as someone put it, is going to last in the future then you are going to need new members to help get out and spread the word on responsible wheeling.

So I guess what I am trying to get at is, keep your membership criteria strict to keep out the leeches that can tarnish the name, but find ways to show how much fun wheeling can be so you can attract the next generation of wheelers.

That is my little rant.  Great forums, I look forward to meeting a lot of you in the future as I get myself more involved in this world.  When I feel I can commit the time that membership needs/deserves I will be putting my name down for your consideration.

Offline mike s

• UberWheeler
  • Good times!
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 06:03:26 PM »
Why would you think that post has anything to do with you? hmmmmmmmmmmm...........................

Doesnt matter what you agree with. Those classifications werent "opinions". Whether you fall into one of them or not, is for you to decide.

LOL....my god i remember being young and rolling change for gas too....but i didn't have nearly as many sets of wheels to fuel....sorry couldn't resist the dig
'94 YJ, 2.5" RE, 1"BL on 35"s, 8.8 w 4.88
oldEnuff2NObetter

but still can't help myself

Offline vantagetes

• That CB Yapper
  • Edmonton Trail Rated
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »
and my wife says its Ok

You're out... ;)

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »
Lol vantagetes, I know.  I think im going to have to buy and older one just so i can go out with it.

Offline Justink

• Budget Lift
  • '89 comanche 5'' lift, 33's
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »
LOL....my god i remember being young and rolling change for gas too....but i didn't have nearly as many sets of wheels to fuel....sorry couldn't resist the dig
Hey live an learn  :-[
'89 Comanche 5'' 33's, dana 44 playtoy
'91 cherokee 4.5'' 31's DD
'88 Nissan 300zx just for fun
If it seems like a good idea at the time it probably isn't!