Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Driveway Bylaw Question  (Read 14221 times)

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
Re: Driveway Bylaw Question
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 10:00:20 AM »
haha, that would be a definite eye opener Rob!

i figure you have to live with neighbours, so 'try' and get along.

also, if the neighbours complain to you about it, or accuse you, tell them to take it up with the city ;)  its their job for snow removal ;)  so it won't be moved mwahahhaha
when i was in Ontario for christmas, London got so much snow that it was piled into the roadways, so much so it stopped people from parking there.  why can't you do the same? ;)
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 04:55:02 PM »
 park where he parks .. beat him to it 

and maybe if your lucky you have a spare car/truck you can leave there for a week or 2 make him park somewhere else

or like buddy above said just shovel as much snow as you can in that area so he canr park there
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline T-BOAN

• Baby Wheeler
  • I drive a Liberty. No. I am not a woman.
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 11:34:17 PM »
Thanks for all the helps ladies and gents. . I didn't want to be angry over the holidays over this issue. I have lived next door to this couple for the last 5 years . I think I know why this neighbour is being a jerk. My pops parked in front of his house one time when he came to visit. The neighbour considered the front of his house to be his property but I know he doesn't own the street in front of his house. He left a horrible letter under his wiper blade that he typed out on his computer stating that the area in front of his house is his and no one could park there. Sure....
My pops just crumpled the letter and laughed. He never parked there again but I'm sure the neighbour was mad over that one incident as he never acknowledged me after that when I said hi when he was in his yard. I'll try one more time to be civil before I make phone calls to bylaw. I might try the shovel snow  and add water trick around my driveway first. It really sucks to be a scrooge during the holidays though.
My grandma hasn't been helping me out as much as she used to

Offline Tinkerer

• UberWheeler
    • My (OLD OLD OLD) website
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2010, 12:22:39 AM »
Careful, I vaguely recall it is actually illegal to shovel the snow onto the roadway!  At this time of night, I'm not finding the link tho.
2004 TJ Rubicon 2.5" Cage Puck Lift
LT285/75R15 Trxus MT's
ARB Bullbar and Warn XD9000i winch
Garvin Wilderness Swingaway Rack
Cobra 75WXST CB, Yaesu FT8900 Ham
VE6PDB - usually on VE6RYC

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2010, 12:57:28 AM »
If he decides he wants to continue being a jerk....well, I'm in a fun mood.  This was suggested on another site:

1) Buy a disposable cell phone, pay as you go. Buy firecrackers too.
2) Call cops and report someone of his description entering the house with what appeared to be a handgun.
3) Wait for cops to show up.
4) As they open their car door and start walking up walkway to his house, toss lit firecracker over fence into his back yard.
5)Mention nothing to the neighbor, but crack a wide smile each time you see him.
6) Repeat steps 1 to 5 as needed.
  :D
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Rich99

• Budget Lift
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 07:05:19 AM »
Perhaps a regular meet and greet at your place would clear things up after a few months.
Rich.

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 07:37:18 AM »
Perhaps a regular meet and greet at your place would clear things up after a few months.

Nice... :-)
04 TJ Rubi

Offline T-BOAN

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 07:48:26 AM »
Naw ! I gotta live next to these people for god knows how long? I don't want to make the grump anymore mad at me or my family. I will kindly leave a note under his wiperblade asking him politely to move and cite the bylaw that states what the distance from one's driveway one can park their vehicle. That doesn't work? Then I'll park my eyesore beater VW Golf ther so at least it's my crap next to my driveway. Last move is call to bylaw.  I know you can't chose who lives next to you. I used to invite this guy and his wife over for bbq's when I first moved in and he always said no. Maybe its me?

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 07:49:17 AM »
neighbour had a problem with something similar to this; he put a rock on the corner of his drive to stop neighbour from driving over grass... neighbour ripped off bumper on rock....

I did exactly that on the corner of my front yard... I had a few black marks on the rocks and it's been 3-4 years that I have no tire tracks on my front lawn. It works like a charm...

Never heard a thing from the neighbours... some moved and I got new ones... still no complaints

It's sad that I had to do this... people are just idiots and don't care about others anymore. That's living in a big city for you :-[

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 02:14:36 PM »
Few rolls of saran wrap and a tub of vaseline will fix this problem right up.

Offline T-BOAN

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 03:51:01 PM »
Few rolls of saran wrap and a tub of vaseline will fix this problem right up.

You're one kinky fella! :o

Offline yyc_tbird_sc

• Budget Lift
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 04:39:43 PM »
I did exactly that on the corner of my front yard... I had a few black marks on the rocks and it's been 3-4 years that I have no tire tracks on my front lawn. It works like a charm...

Never heard a thing from the neighbours... some moved and I got new ones... still no complaints

It's sad that I had to do this... people are just idiots and don't care about others anymore. That's living in a big city for you :-[

I have a single driveway in the front, and the tbird is parked on the side of it to allow people to walk by to the side door. Someone's been pulling in next to my car (parking part ways on the grass), and has hit the front step iron work. Bent it in almost 10*. I wonder if I can get a big rock to put on the front corner or if I'm stuck until it gets warm...
-'97 Ranger w/ 4" lift, 33" MTZ's, 4.56's, and some new sheet metal
-'89 Thunderbird SC - 285HP, 392ft/lbs [email protected]

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 04:59:07 PM »
I have a single driveway in the front, and the tbird is parked on the side of it to allow people to walk by to the side door. Someone's been pulling in next to my car (parking part ways on the grass), and has hit the front step iron work. Bent it in almost 10*. I wonder if I can get a big rock to put on the front corner or if I'm stuck until it gets warm...

Some nails through a board and buried upside down on the lawn might make a "point".
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline yyc_tbird_sc

• Budget Lift
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 05:48:36 PM »
Thought about that....but way too many people walk their pets by in this area. For now I'm going to park the car right in the middle of the driveway and put a couple driveway markers on the corner for now. I like the rock idea...may have to talk with a couple of the landscaping guys I know....
-'97 Ranger w/ 4" lift, 33" MTZ's, 4.56's, and some new sheet metal
-'89 Thunderbird SC - 285HP, 392ft/lbs [email protected]

Offline Tinkerer

• UberWheeler
    • My (OLD OLD OLD) website
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »

You are saying they are parking part-way on your driveway and part-way on the lawn?  No warning, impound.  Of course, you *could* have that large load of rocks for a decorative wall dumped *behind* the car since it is *your* property!

2004 TJ Rubicon 2.5" Cage Puck Lift
LT285/75R15 Trxus MT's
ARB Bullbar and Warn XD9000i winch
Garvin Wilderness Swingaway Rack
Cobra 75WXST CB, Yaesu FT8900 Ham
VE6PDB - usually on VE6RYC