Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: interesting jeep forum...  (Read 2916 times)

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
interesting jeep forum...
« on: February 01, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/

saw this link on pirate4x4. i checked it out and sure enough, some real dumb questions posted up. the answers are even worse... check it out for a good laugh!
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: interesting jeep forum...
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:15:52 PM »
Guess that shouldn't be overly surprising.  My expectations wouldn't be too high for anyone that would spell Jeeps with a "z".   ;D

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:15:02 PM »
This is awesome!

Not thirty seconds after scanning topics, and I found that the spelling is better in a grade one class..

So far I've read about forsted tail lights, reae springs,  runnin ruff and tans problems...

+1 for the first person to sign up there and making a post on learning how to use your spell check...

*Edited for grammar and spelling thank you to Fiend, and Dunl for correcting me!*
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 10:52:03 PM by tliguana »
I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 02:28:58 AM »

+1 for the firs person to sign up there and making a post on learning how to use your spell check...

i know some pretty fart smellers that don't spell so good.  what's your story?
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 12:04:28 PM »
I had this app for my phone, and after using it for five mins, I got rid of it! Terrible!
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 07:10:40 PM »
Looks like an okay jeep enthusiast site to me.   It has been around for 7+ years, appears to have a good mod team, and if you check, they actually have a good set of rules posted.   As for real dumb questions posted, who hasn't posted a dumb question?

Nothing really pisses me off more than people who scream about using a spell check. In a lot of cases, it isn't worth a damm when you have real spelling issues.  And if the poster happens to have something called dyslexia, a spell check isn't going to work for them.  

As for spelling,

not 3o seconds scanning topics and the spelling is better in a grade 1 class..

your grammar matches the spelling, "thirty" is written as the digit three, followed by a zero, not the letter O (upper or lower case), your fragment should start with a capital and be a complete sentence, and it should end with one period, not two.  Perhaps you should edit this a second time.

There's a quote somewhere about "people who live in glass houses....etc".  Perhaps you guys should look it up.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:23:44 PM by dunl »
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 07:34:57 PM »
benefit of the doubt. i went back to that forum. the spelling was looking better, but some of the questions and answers were way out there. i understand that there is no dumb question, but the answers given to these simple questions were brutal. so if im a dick for pointing that out then im ok with that, i have big shoulders.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 10:17:01 PM »
Darcy, do you need a hug, buddy?

(How was my grammer on the above question?)
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 10:22:31 PM »
Darcy, do you need a hug, buddy?

From you?  Depends if I see you coming at me or not.  :D
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline TL-Iguana

• Talks waaay too much!
  • XJ - The Official TJ Rescue Vehicle
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 10:50:34 PM »
As for spelling,

your grammar matches the spelling, "thirty" is written as the digit three, followed by a zero, not the letter O (upper or lower case), your fragment should start with a capital and be a complete sentence, and it should end with one period, not two.  Perhaps you should edit this a second time.

There's a quote somewhere about "people who live in glass houses....etc".  Perhaps you guys should look it up.  ;)

Point taken :D Thanks for the tip! I know I am not one to talk, but for some reason, reading all day at work makes me pick out all the spelling mistakes, and then of course not looking at my own. You did make me laugh though, and for that, I give you a thumbs up.

The first mistake I edited was even worse! I spell checked, but of course firs was spelled correctly! Just goes to show I should perhaps wrap some bacon around my foot next time before shoving it into my own mouth ;)

I did a Google search for "hot trannies" but nothing came up about oil coolers  :o

Worrying too much about mpg with a Jeep is similar to worrying about your sister's virginity. An ok thing to be concerned about but...

'01 XJ on 35s, '11 Jk DD

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2011, 11:19:02 PM »
Good to see you have a sense of humour. :)

BTW, Trevor....good grammar doesn't count when you get your wife to reply for you.  :D
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 04:21:10 PM »
LOL!!!!
I have the better grammar in this household. She be from da hood, yo.
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
LOL!!!!
I have the better grammar in this household. She be from da hood, yo.

You better watch out Trev...Darcy keeps his 1 meter metal ruler close to him and he's quick on the draw!  You'll get a smack if you don't go back to your desk and behave!

à la prochaine! ;D