Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Plz help!!! Jeep stuck in mud pit for 3 hours on and now white smoke coming out  (Read 7201 times)

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Its possible that with so much water in the crank its pushed oil/water into the PCV system and the air filter.

Just to confirm, you drove the jeep home after getting it unstuck? Did it make any weird noises? Have you ran the engine since changing the oil?

'93 ZJ, 5.2L, lifted/locked/36s..<gone>
'98 5.9er 4.10s,locked,LA,WJ knuckles

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
I drove it for 1 minute then i staled it some how and got it towed back home. Yes I did turn it on after the oil change
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

YOUTUBE: JK JEEPKING

[email protected]

Offline stroker sahara

• UberWheeler
If you are in need of an engine I have a low mile 4.0L for you. If interested pm me for details.
If you want to run with the big dogs you have to be able to pee in the tall grass.

1989 YJ SOA, 36" SX, 4.6 Stroker...

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
So does it run now that the oil change is done? If there was water in the intake then you may want to pull the plugs before trying to turn it over to make sure it doesn't hydrolock.

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
If you are in need of an engine I have a low mile 4.0L for you. If interested pm me for details.

Thanx sahara I'll let u know.
So does it run now that the oil change is done? If there was water in the intake then you may want to pull the plugs before trying to turn it over to make sure it doesn't hydrolock.
cLAY
pull out the plugs as in the spark plugs? I'm  guessing u mean to clean them???
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

[email protected]

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
If water got into the intake then it can go into the engine combustion chamber. If it gets in there and you try to start the motor bad things happen because water doesn't compress so bad stuff happens like conecting rods bending and such. Pulling the spark plugs before cranking the engine lets the water in the cylinders escape.

Have you tried turning it over or had it running since you go it home?

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
Well yes. I did before and after I changed the oil. K so what ur saying is. Take you the sparkplugs and then put the key in the ignition and turn it... Which will then move the pistons thus pushing out the water in the chamber ... Is that right?
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

[email protected]

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Yes but if you had the engine running since doing the flush then there is no water in the cylinders.

So how's it run now that you,ve flushed it?

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
Well when I turn it on now I hear a clicking sound as if the fan is hitting somthing . Or somthing is loose . I'm not sure what it is.
Yes but if you had the engine running since doing the flush then there is no water in the cylinders.

So how's it run now that you,ve flushed it?
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

[email protected]

Offline cLAY

• Talks waaay too much!
Ummm, it would have been best if you started with that piece of info.

Just to clarify, turning the key on and starting the engine aren't the same thing. When you turn the key on all you are doing is turning on the electrical system. "Starting" the engine means turning the key all the way forward and engaging the starter.

Pull the plugs and try to crank the engine over with the starter. If it still won't go put a socket on the front of the crank pulley and try to turn it(with the plugs still out). If it still won't turn over then you can stop right there. Its seized and you may as well go look for another motor.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
So any updates to report.  I am curious to hear how this turned out for you
'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline Bone206

• Budget Lift
bump. what's the final word? Just curious.  :-[
07 JK Sahara Unlimited, 1.5 spidertrax spacers, 2.5 teraflex cl, 275/70/18 duratracs, ace rock rails, black OEM  rims, safari straps roof, Cobra 29 WXBT CB

Offline arabian sahara

• Baby Wheeler
    • youtube channel
Sorry I have not been on the form for a while. Turns out I need a new engine .  So ya. Everything ells I did was a waist of money pretty much. So now I'm looking for an 01 sahara engine
JK THE KING OF JEEP.

[email protected]