Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• Toys for Kids: December 10, 2011

Author Topic: 2011 Toys For Kids - Toy Run  (Read 12019 times)

Offline hornblower

• Baby Wheeler
Re: 2011 Toys For Kids - Toy Run
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 02:54:29 PM »
I'll show up with the wife and bring some toys. Get to meet a few people.

This is a great cause.
Preparing For the Zombie Apocolypse.

Offline SmilinVamp

• Budget Lift
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 02:02:12 PM »

Offline SmilinVamp

• Budget Lift
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »
Hey there all! 

Just some notes:

I'd like to give a big thanks to All that are donating to this cause!  Awesome job so far, can't wait for the event this Saturday...

Just got a very kind donation from Sport Chek - about $1500 in sports equipment.  Thanks Kyle for that one!

Please remember to bring your cash if you wish to bid on the 2 WestJet tickets... remember these are anywhere WestJet flies.  Your Choice.
Auction Closes at 11:30 am - Dec 10th.  (Proceeds go to the Mustard Seed)

Also, breakfast is only $2 - bring your appetite (food served while supplies last, kitchen closes 11:45am)

Coffee and Hot Chocolate are free

Decorating Contest - be sure to decorate your rig.... many prizes to be won!  Judging is at 11:15am.

Thanks you all for your support... see you Saturday!

Offline Delco21

• Budget Lift
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »
Id like to volunteer my time and donate a bunch of toys

See you all there
Zombie outbreak response unit

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
Here are the items I've picked up for the toy run on behalf of the CJA.

We got stuff from age 3 up to teens.  Lots of games, toys, electronic keyboards and drums, and digital cameras.  All electronics have batteries attached and the cameras have SD cards.

04 TJ Rubi

Offline SmilinVamp

• Budget Lift
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 10:33:24 AM »
Incredible!  Awesome, can't thank you guys enough!  Support has been overwhelming.
I just had a bit of a chat with Rick at the Mustard Seed... they are very excited to receive such an overwhelming donation. 

So far support for this year's Toy Drive has been phenomenal! 
Can't wait to see what we can pull together tomorrow.

See you all at the Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Hall at 10am.

Remember, we are in the Hearth Room.

Thanks to you all for you help and support!
-Richard (FWS)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 12:21:41 PM »
Well due to it being on a Sat a.m., i can not attend :'(. i am sending someone with a big bag full of clothes that he will give to the mustard seed to help out some folks in other ways.
Have fun
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline SmilinVamp

• Budget Lift
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »
Well due to it being on a Sat a.m., i can not attend :'(. i am sending someone with a big bag full of clothes that he will give to the mustard seed to help out some folks in other ways.
Have fun

Thanks Tom!

Offline hornblower

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2011, 01:31:53 PM »
Hey great time today.

Lots of toys for the kids and it was a great turnout. Enjoyed the ride downtown and I look forward to doing this again. Everyone was nice even though i hadn't met anyone before.  Thanks everyone.

Matt
Preparing For the Zombie Apocolypse.

Offline thayer03

• Budget Lift
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2011, 01:37:36 PM »
Awesome turnout everyone!!!! Kudos to those who have organized the event!!! Also to those who cooked breakfast!!
It was great to meet a Couple new faces. Maybe next year name tags could be worn to associate user names with faces?!
Thanks again!

Randy

Big grand wagoneer driver ;)
FSJ's RULE!!!

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2011, 02:18:54 PM »
It was a great success. Lots of toys for the kids. Many thanks to the organizers...

Ian
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
It was great to see the big turnout.  I agree it would be nice for everyone to have tags with their CJA names. 

Thanks to those that organized everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

Offline FirstTimer

• That CB Yapper
  • Gettin there!
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2011, 04:45:17 PM »
Huge thanks to Richard a.k.a SmilinVamp and all those who made this event possible. This was my first year participating in any kind of charity event, and I couldn't be happier to have been apart of something so great. All the jeep guys and toyota guys really came together to help out the mustard seed in an "overwhelming" fashion. Thanks to Clay and his daughters for bearing the chilly morning and judging everyones decorated vehicles, a little friendly competition amongst fellow 4x4'ers and prizes always makes for a good time. I will post up pictures of the winner and runners up shortly, as well as a few other pics. Can't wait till next year and hopefully the parking lot will be filled with 4x4 s and not antiques shoppers!
Happy Holidays!
02' Black TJ Apex on 33s, 2.5"  OME HD lift, Currie JJ CA on all four corners, 4:10 axles, Husky-Liner Rear Swing-Away Bumper and Bushwackers Flat Flares.

Offline Delco21

• Budget Lift
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2011, 06:45:59 PM »
Great event for a great cause

Glad to be part of it and thanks Richard for organising it and thanks to all the people I met was a great group to be out there with
Zombie outbreak response unit

Offline SmilinVamp

• Budget Lift
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2011, 10:26:58 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Another Toy Run is complete.  The Mustard Seed was both grateful and overwhelmed by the generosity of the four wheeler community.  I am also once again proud of what we all put together.

I would like to thank all who participated.  And I hope you all had a bit of fun despite some hick ups along the way.  

A special thanks to all who volunteered their time to help my wife and I pull this all together.  Without good volunteers these events would never be possible.

I’d also like to thank, everyone who donated prizes there were a lot this year.  WestJet, Modern Motors, Novatel, Home Depot, and the Four Wheel Stampeders. Tim Horton's coffee - Donated to us by Dave at Foothills Timmy's.

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and a great New Year!

Thanks,
-Richard
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:54:35 AM by SmilinVamp »