Calgary Jeep Association

Linked Events

• CJA New Year's Day Run!: January 01, 2012

Author Topic: CJA New Year's Day Run  (Read 34327 times)

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: CJA New Year's Day Run
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2011, 04:47:04 PM »
Cant make it either... Louise is callin my name.

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »
Updated:

Definitely looks like we'll be breaking into two groups. So far we've got myself, Apeman, Comanche Killer, WhiteOut, and Silverfox that are experienced members that have volunteered to take on lead/mid/tail responsiblities. WK2008 has volunteered, and may have a CB installed in time to help out.

I will bring waivers, but it's be great of everyone could bring a pen or two with them. We invariably seem to have the trail leader's pen freeze up or run out of ink when we're signing waivers.  ???

Okay...so far here's who we have:

W Squared
Apeman (Tailgunner)
NuxJr
Anton
Rubicon13
Hornblower
Comanche Killer
Homeguy
Silverfox
Thayer03
Whiteout in a ZeeJay with a Toyota logo
FlatLanderJeep
Asia
Delco21
Knox
WK2008

Maybe:
AstraX
Vinman
Jrama
JPThing
heep-a-lop
Dirt Addiction

Meeting is at Smitty's in Cochrane for 8AM if you wanna have breakfast at Smitty's. We will be meeting in the parking lot a 9AM to check with folks to make sure that we're meeting all of the requirements, sign waivers, and possibly break into two groups. Please have all your advil, beef jerky, sunflower seeds, cigars, and a full tank of fuel on board before you arrive at Smitty's.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 07:54:10 PM by w squared »
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline newfie glass

• UberWheeler
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2011, 10:00:58 PM »
looks like i wont be out for this one as i still haven't fixed my t case leak in the blazer.
Quality Paintless dent repair
403-807-1042

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2011, 10:22:22 PM »
I'll see you guys for breaky at 8:00
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline thayer03

• Budget Lift
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2011, 11:45:33 PM »
Will be there as long as I can get my driveshaft in and get my tag alongside up in time. Likely meet u all for 9am! Look forward to getting the Waggy out!
FSJ's RULE!!!

Offline Anton

• Budget Lift
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2012, 12:42:06 AM »
I'll have my (Simons) swr with me

Thanks Knox I hope it will show good readings on the cb. See u all in the new year.
1996 jeep cherokee.

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2012, 08:51:29 AM »
sorry guys didnt feel like getting up this morning.... next time for sure and hopefully by then i will be wheelable... try these crushers out....

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2012, 08:15:23 PM »
Thanks to Wsquared and all those who made this run possible.  I had a great time.
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

RUBICON13

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2012, 08:29:16 AM »
Great run guys!

Now, I have some idea of what it is like to luge frontwards and backwards! LOL. Although, I think the guys on the luges have more control... Getting into reverse on the way down backwards definately helped slow me down and gain some control. Thanks for the great advice guys!

Also, I now have an excuse to get new fenders and maybe even a V8 (we'll see how changing out the spark plugs work to get my sixth cylinder back). I was definately lacking power on the ride home.

Look forward to the next open run!

Jeff

Offline Anton

• Budget Lift
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2012, 01:18:34 PM »
Well how do i start. First of all, thanks for the great run, it was my first winter off roading and again it was the best ride ever had. I think I am in love with winter off roading, thank you all for the great spotting and advices that I had. I was in pretty scary spots and I thought that's it we are going to flip! but again with all the instractions that I had in the past rides and this one I did not panicked and knew what to do. I never experienced sliding sideways down hill on a jeep and you guys walked me though it with no problems.

I would love to become a member and wheel with you guys as much as i can. Can't say how much i am thankful for the great group we had.

Can't wait for the next run..

Thanks again

Anton
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:23:21 PM by Anton »
1996 jeep cherokee.

RUBICON13

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2012, 01:22:05 PM »
Well, this really sucks...went out and started the jeep up first try and it us running perfectly again... no v8 in the near future... ;) :P Definately going to change out the spark plugs though.

Offline homeguy

• Budget Lift
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2012, 12:36:49 AM »
Don't put e3's in it.  I tried that once.  2 cylinders were misfiring with in 200 kms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 Mountain Edition, ARB front and rear diff covers, BFG AT's, Vision X Solstice XILS4102 & Solo's, S-Pod switch bezel, K&N drop in filter, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Poison Spyder front bumper, OME 2" lift, Rigid Industries Dually's & D2's, M8000

Offline jpthing

• UberWheeler
  • I like things with wheels.
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
I had a lot of fun. **Thanks** to the organizers and to the guys who made it happen.

'97 TJ, 5" lift, 35's "Sprout"
'95 Xj, 4" lift, 33's Sold to the Bagman
'10 JK unlimited

"Whether you think you can or think you can't...you're right."
-Henry Ford

I'm finally over the Jeep bike debacle..