Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: open trail rides?  (Read 8291 times)

Offline AV.NINE

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: open trail rides?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »
I laugh when people air down in wiaprous. I had my tow rig through that trail on our xmas tree run. Fairly bald tires. Got stuck twice but my truck weighs a ton as well. I broke through the ice.

65 psi or bust.

Offline jeepjones

• Budget Lift
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2012, 04:36:27 AM »
I find it too rough a ride if I don't air down. :P

Offline Joel

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Super Uber Web Wheeler
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2012, 06:16:08 AM »
Just about enough drama in there to justify a reality show on four wheeling.  ;D

;D Never mind the reality show.   Chyrsler could use this $hit on infomercial's!

Buy a Jeep.....Go Wheeling.........Guranteed to add 3inch's to your Weiner......10inches in just 5 years......act fast.....only few remaining JK's left....
 ;) ;D  ;D :D ;D
03 TJ - 6" body lift and 31 MTR's, other wise stock.

Offline hornblower

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »
To the OP. I think the point everyone here wants to make is that strangers=danger.

I don't have lockers or chains or even much wheelin experience but somehow I manage to go out (by myself most times) and have a blast. Just do it and don't take something as fun as this hobby and make it all about rules and specs. If I don't think my rig will make it up or over something I give it a try and learn what it's capable of.

I understand that when the CJA sanctions a run that there are going to be requirements and such however most times they are not anything to strict and leave it open to almost anyone.

Then again what do i know about wheelin......I drive a JK with painted fenders.
Preparing For the Zombie Apocolypse.

Offline jeepjones

• Budget Lift
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2012, 12:44:16 PM »
To the OP. I think the point everyone here wants to make is that strangers=danger.

I don't have lockers or chains or even much wheelin experience but somehow I manage to go out (by myself most times) and have a blast. Just do it and don't take something as fun as this hobby and make it all about rules and specs. If I don't think my rig will make it up or over something I give it a try and learn what it's capable of.

I understand that when the CJA sanctions a run that there are going to be requirements and such however most times they are not anything to strict and leave it open to almost anyone.

Then again what do i know about wheelin......I drive a JK with painted fenders.
Strangers = Danger,  WTF? Are you guys in kindergarten? Next thing you know you'll be holding onto a rope and trying to find someone for the "buddy system" LOL
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 12:46:00 PM by jeepjones »

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2012, 12:51:40 PM »
Strangers = Danger,  WTF? Are you guys in kindergarten? Next thing you know you'll be holding onto a rope and trying to find someone for the "buddy system" LOL

Maybe we can use tow straps to connect all the Jeeps together so nobody gets lost or left behind.

Then, if a wheeler from another group approachs one of us, we can all shout "Stranger Danger, Stranger Danger, Stranger Danger" until that person leaves us alone.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »
Remember, even if you know them, don't be alone in a garage with another person. Always have a chaperone!

Stranger danger!

Offline hornblower

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »
I see my sarcasm was lost there.

That's what my dry sense of humor will get me.
Preparing For the Zombie Apocolypse.

Offline euroboxxer

• Stocker
  • My Red Rubi :)
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2012, 11:40:49 PM »
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say Hi, my name is Rob and I am new to this site along with owning a Jeep. I cant wait to take it out with a group and have some fun in Waiparous but since I am new to this and most likely a newbie at wheeling, I was hoping I could get some input on what is required or recommended to bring on a trail run and also what is a good idea to bring that is not necessarily required.

Thanks 
2011 JKU Rubicon. Spidertrax 1.5" spacer. Uniden 520XL.

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 08:56:35 AM »
, I was hoping I could get some input on what is required or recommended to bring on a trail run and also what is a good idea to bring that is not necessarily required.

Thanks  

A tow strap and a good attitude.

Welcome to the forum.

Vince
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 01:05:39 PM »
I'm going to shut this down before it gets out of hand.  Lets be a bit more PC in the open forums shall we (Yeah I know I'm an admin Nazi ;) ).
Fug
TJ Rubicon