Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Okay...final tally for direct ordering and UPS costs for UCF...not bad  (Read 6603 times)

Offline RACKMAN

• That CB Yapper
Who in or near Calgary sells Clayton stuff...considering their TJ/LJ transfercase and engine skids. thanks.

RACKMAN
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:45:36 PM by RACKMAN »
2005 Jeep LJ Rubicon. 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 4X4 Crewcab.

Offline WhiteOut

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: who sells Clayton Offroad products locally?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »
Give Dave at Broken Axle a call.

Offline LEMON-AID JAY

• That CB Yapper
  • Bad a$$ zj owner
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:08:58 PM »
Give Rick at E-mortal a call Wednesday morning he has a large order coming up from the USA
403-265-6669
E-mortal customs
Www.e-mortalcustoms.com
3-2808 Ogden road s.e.
E-mail. [email protected]
Phone 403-265-6669
E-mail @ [email protected]
for all your 4x4 needs

www.piratesof4x4.com

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 10:29:09 PM »
We are a Clayton dealer. I'll get you some pricing as soon as I get a chance!

Offline RACKMAN

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
We are a Clayton dealer. I'll get you some pricing as soon as I get a chance!
sending you a pm...but I'm intrerested in the transfercase belly up and engine skid combo for a 2005 LJ Rubicon manual trans. Thanks.

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 08:18:06 PM »
Check out Slewfoots yellow LJ, he has the aluminum Savvy TT/engine skid combo, real nice piece of gear.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 07:25:44 PM »
Stop over for a coffee one night if you want to check out the Clayton. I have a TJ in right now that Im putting all clayton into.

I dont sell it, but you are welcome to come take a look at the stuff.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline RACKMAN

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »
Check out Slewfoots yellow LJ, he has the aluminum Savvy TT/engine skid combo, real nice piece of gear.
No, I can't justify the kind of money that Savvy costs...unfortunately. Leaning toward Undercover Fab stuff now.

RACKMAN

Offline Slewfoot

• UberWheeler
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 07:21:13 PM »
No, I can't justify the kind of money that Savvy costs...unfortunately. Leaning toward Undercover Fab stuff now.

RACKMAN
Too bad...the Savvy stuff is really top-notch...expensive, yes, but well worth it.  Let me know if you want to take a really close look at it.
2006 Rubicon LJ (Unlimited) Mostly Stock

Offline RACKMAN

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 07:37:50 PM »
Too bad...the Savvy stuff is really top-notch...expensive, yes, but well worth it.  Let me know if you want to take a really close look at it.
Yes it is too bad...it is also too bad Savvy couldn't be more competitive on their pricing. Basically it would cost me double for what the UCF TT and engine skid combo is going for, but if I change my mind I will take you up on your offer. Thanks.

RACKMAN

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 05:02:25 PM »
Its not really double when you factor in savvy's comes with a motor mount lift, body lift and tranny mount included.

Still a bit more money but nearly double when comparing apples to apples.

The major difference being you can do a dropped version of undercovers that doesnt need a tranny mount or body lift. If you want a high clearence one from UCF, it required a mml, bl, and lo pro tranny mount and comes out to the exact same price as a savvy. But the savvy is a slightly better design, and does use higher quality material.

So if slamming the drivetrain is the goal, the savvy is the better dollar spent.

If doing it on a budget and belly clearence is less of a concern, the UCF will definately serve the purpose.

Just wanted to clarify that. If you want the same thing savvy offers from UFC it cost the same money, making savvy more then competitive regarding what they are offering.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: who sells Clayton Offroad products locally?
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 08:56:39 PM »
My problem with Savvy and why I'm lookin at UCF is that I already have everything "required" and included with Savvy's skid, they will not sell without all the extras, or atleast not last time I checked.

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »
Agreed. That is annoying. Unfortunately the mml is integrated with the enginge skid bracket, so they arent able to seperate it. But they should make the BL optional. The developer just didnt want complaints coming back from people with a 1" when they couldnt fit the case in there without tub mods. So to save the headaches they make their BL mandetory so they know for sure its a true 1.25" going in there.

BUt UCF is good stuff too, so if it makes more sense then why not.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline RACKMAN

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 12:20:38 PM »
Well in the end went with UCF...ordered their Original Extra Clearance T-case skid in 3/16" carbon steel and their 1/4" carbon steel engine skid and just incase I had vibes that I couldn't work out I ordered their LOPRO tranny mount. $580 all in. I already have a mml and BL so I shouldn't have any tub clearance issues and this system will get me a 2.5" increase in belly clearance. On a side note...I had to order direct from UCF...gave up a VERY frustrating 3 weeks trying to get prices and availability of UCF and a couple other brands stuff from ALL local shops, some did get back to me with prices finally, but had ridiculous delivery timelines, some did not get back to me at all with pricing and multiple requests on my part. Oh well, no skin off my back. Shipping is a bit of a hit though at $197.00 plus brokerage and GST but UCF shipped my order 2 days after I placed order and UPS shipping time is only 4-8 days so that's great. Can't wait to get rid of that stock shovel and have some great engine/oil pan/tranny protection.

RACKMAN

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: who sells Clayton Offroad products locally?
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2013, 06:37:51 AM »
Hey few questions since I'll be down the same road shortly;

Were you interested in the aluminum or just the steel?

Did you ever price out the difference in shipping between the steel and alu?

Was ups their only option for shipping and would you mind sharing what they got ya for on customs and fees even if its just through a pm ;) I'm guessin it was just gst since it was American made but it is ups afterall.

Definately share your experience with it, dieing to make a decision here and get crackin.