Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Sunday june 26 newbies welcome  (Read 38257 times)

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
Sunday june 26 newbies welcome
« on: June 17, 2005, 09:37:56 PM »
If any one is interested Sunday June 26, Smitty's 8 leave at  9

I am thinking Lost knife, 4 corners, margaret lake, then on to the falls,  Start up a fire, roast some hot dogs

This would be an easy run, perfect for the first timer, but could make it little more challenging depending on who shows up..

Regular CJA rules, tow hooks etc.  Not an official cja run, so open to everyone,

Post here if you're interested.

Ian
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline Mudhawg

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Rig Life
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 10:09:35 PM »
Hmmmm  :lol:
1984 Chevy 6" Lift 40" Boggers

RUBI

Water, water everywhere
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 10:33:21 PM »
You will never make the falls........unless your'e planning on a KAYAK :shock: There is so much water out there right now, and have you seen all the snow up at the higher elevations !! We have not had this much rainfall in 10 years !!  But ........I'de sure like to get out and play in the mud. Snorkel and fins may be manditory. I'll keep watching the posts , cause I'de like to get out again with you Ian, maybe I can repay the couple of pulls you gave me to get outta the mud  :oops:

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 10:22:41 AM »
Being that June 26th is next weekend... might have a chance of drying up by then if the sun in the forecast for tomorrow and on holds out.   That being said if this weekend's fun goes well I might be in.  

4" lift and 33x12.50 TrXus MT's here I come.... woooohoooo.

Fug
Fug
TJ Rubicon

RUBI

Lifted ??
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 07:31:47 PM »
Robin.....did you start your lift install, or are you already finished ??

Offline fug

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Airdrie Pick n Pull
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 09:31:06 PM »
Nope haven't started yet... I like to live on the edge.  Starting tomorrow morning and hoping to drive the Jeep to work Monday ;)  Nothing like a little pressure to motivate!
Fug
TJ Rubicon

RUBI

Too late ??
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2005, 09:58:43 PM »
:roll:  I know this is REALLY short notice.......but I gotta get out of the house. Thinking, maybe goin out for a little jaunt out to Waiporous and see how much water is out there...............ANYBODY ??

RedYJ

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 12:07:52 AM »
What time?  You mean tomorrow right?  Name the time and ill see if I can make it

RUBI

YEAH.......to late
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 08:53:26 AM »
K......so to little to late, not enough peeps for a ride. Conditions like this out there , one would need to have at least several rides.......preferably with winches, or at least a good set of MUD tires :wink:  Thinking I'll just wait till Sunday when Ian is headed out .

Offline TJ54

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/tj54jeep
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 07:15:10 PM »
Yeah ok

kayaks are optional. :)

My idea was to put on a run for those of you lurkers that have thought about coming out to see what your jeep could do. I have talked to quite a few people in parking lots and stores who know about the CJA but just haven't made it out yet.
I would like to make it a fun run, avoiding mud and difficult sections as much as possible. If you have decent AT's or mud tires come on out, Since it will be muddy, all season tires such as GSA's will not work so well, and it could be a frustrating day of getting stuck for you, but I certainly don't mind giving you a tug to get unstuck
I have several frs radios I will bring along, so if you don't have a cb that will be ok for this run. But again you must have front and rear tow hooks.
The route we take will depend on the conditions when we get out there. With the warm temp's expected it should dry up some.

Ian
I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out.

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 08:51:21 AM »
I'm in! Looking forward to this run a lot. I can't wait to show off my new shovel!

Offline Elsifer

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 08:56:16 AM »
I'll be there!
Seeyas at Smitty's at 8!

Cheers
Chris
VA6CPL
Jeepless....

CJ-7

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 01:48:26 PM »
Can I come?

thunderstruck

Back on stock tires
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 01:49:35 PM »
I'm interested but I put my stock tires back on to move out here and sold the 31s back east. There is raind in the forcast for saturday and sunday. If that changes and it drys up some I come along. Never been wheeling with stock tires though. I'd like to meet some locals though.

Well maybe I'll have a job by then and I'll buy some new shoes.

Cheers

Ryan

henry

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 02:01:37 PM »
Love to go on sunday Ian, and meet some of the new folks around here.  But for once I have a good reason NOT to go wheelin - I'll be in Las Vegas on sunday. (ok, ok, I usually never post if I can't make a certain event, but I just wanted to rub it in a little)

Have fun, be safe and stay on the trails!!

Darren :twisted: