Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Kananaski's Country Passes  (Read 495 times)

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
Kananaski's Country Passes
« on: April 27, 2021, 06:07:21 PM »
Just heard on the news $90 for the year, good for two plates plus a trailer.
Trailered rig setup kinda hooped, or you got a few dirt bikes, quads, skidoo's plus a Jeep.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/alberta-to-charge-visitors-to-popular-kananaskis-country-after-record-5-4m-visits-last-year-1.5403760

Offline GoChris

• Budget Lift
Re: Kananaski's Country Passes
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 07:18:15 PM »
Proposed yes, but it hasn't even passed the 2nd reading yet. Also there are problems with the bill such as comments made by Mr. Shepard
...points of concern we’ve raised in that there is nothing in this bill which requires this government to actually use the funds they are collecting from Albertans for the use of the backcountry, for the purpose that they say they will. They’re leaving it open-ended. There’s nothing in this legislation that compels them to follow through on that promise.

Offline hps4evr

• Administrator
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2021, 07:57:53 PM »
Just heard on the news $90 for the year, good for two plates plus a trailer.
Trailered rig setup kinda hooped, or you got a few dirt bikes, quads, skidoo's plus a

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/alberta-to-charge-visitors-to-popular-kananaskis-country-after-record-5-4m-visits-last-year-1.5403760

So far mclean pluz is excluded.
YJ=Y’all Jealous

Offline HikingViking

• Winch Wench
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 08:18:24 PM »
I was skimming through the bill 64 when teehee posted and saw nothing about a $90 annual fee just for entry. There’s this and then I assume the $30 annual camping fee is an additional charge. I’m very doubtful that the money will go back into kananaskis. I could be wrong but I didn’t see anything other than the fees were going to be put into a general fund. Makes me worried.
Kalvin

White 2015 JKU on stock 18s with cooper discoverer at3, smittybilt xrc front bumper

Offline Matt4x4

• UberWheeler
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 06:30:44 PM »
Arrgghhh got hood winked by fake news again.
I originally heard it on the tv news.
Sorry about that, if it was proposed I would have not posted, I thought it was going to happen.

Offline Milan

• CJA Members
  • UberWheeler
Keep on Jeepin'

Offline Immortal

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 06:13:31 PM »
660 news.... AM?
How old are you?!?!?!
if we were smart with our money we wouldn't own Jeeps.
Here's your cup of STFU... ENJOY!