Author Topic: Sundog  (Read 4578 times)

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
Sundog
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:22:44 AM »
The site is damn boring .... here's someting to look at....

Did you guys see the Sundog yesterday morning when the sun rose?

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
Re: Sundog
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 12:29:05 PM »
Quote from: "SwampSinger"

Well, you get what you wish for...
Without all the very conservative rules/policies the site might have some pictures, some healthy debates, some personal opinions, more postings, more members and maybe even entice some former members to renew their memberships.  Not intended to offend anyone, just my opinion.
near stock advocate

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 01:57:42 PM »
Quote from: "Asia"

Without all the very conservative rules/policies the site might have some pictures, some healthy debates, some personal opinions, more postings, more members and maybe even entice some former members to renew their memberships.  Not intended to offend anyone, just my opinion.

There's plenty soap opera on TV in the afternoon... no need for that here bud.(It is still your right to state your opinion... It's all good w/ me  :D )

PS: it's been a while you have been to a meeting. you would be suprised. We ran out of seats the 2 last meetings ... the club is very healty. Come for a beer sometime)

so... did you see the Sundog yesterday?

Offline kevman

• Budget Lift
    • http://members.shaw.ca/thekevman
Sundog
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
Am I the only one that has never heard of a "Sundog" before?

As for soap opera's... I'm sure we've all heard by now that, everyones favourite teen soap opera, the OC has been axed!  :roll:  Now what am I going to do on Thursday nights before going to the Den.... :oops:
uh...
My shovels nicer!

Offline Asia

• Budget Lift
Sundog
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 02:52:49 PM »
Hey Dom, No, not bitter, happy to be an independent wheeler doing my thing.  Still liberal in my thinking - no longer publicize it.  Will have to drop by a meeting to have a beer with the guys.

Kevin a sundog forms when there are ice crystals in the air, a large ring around the Sun with two bright spots - seen several of these at ski hills.  No Dom I didn't see the sundog - was already at work at sunrise.

Sorry I don't watch any soap operas.
near stock advocate

Offline TrappersJeep

• Budget Lift
Sundog
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 03:15:32 PM »
Sundog?  Hmmmm never heard of it, and definitely haven't seen one.  Very cool!  What causes that, any idea?
RIDER PRIDE IS OUTTA CONTROL!!  CRACK THE PIL AND BRING ON THE CUP!!!

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 03:33:42 PM »

I kind of agree here.  Nothing against the club, and I certainly don't want to see the site turn into some of the others out there, but I would like to see the site rules on pictures and stuff relaxed a bit. Even if a mod could approve them before posting it would be nice.

If you're too scared to take a risk, you eventually become too scared to live. Time to loosen a bit. :)
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 04:56:02 PM »
Quote from: "dunl"

I kind of agree here.  Nothing against the club, and I certainly don't want to see the site turn into some of the others out there, but I would like to see the site rules on pictures and stuff relaxed a bit. Even if a mod could approve them before posting it would be nice.

If you're too scared to take a risk, you eventually become too scared to live. Time to loosen a bit. :)

Please show up to a meeting bud and voice your opinion....

Please don't take any offence but I can't care less what the gereral public on the web think of this site. This is a Jeep Club not a website only. We (the members) voted it to be a certain way. I personally like it alot. It's not a public site... :roll: We just let the general public use it... and that good beause I met some really great new peop-le that way. 8)

Most of the pictures are in the members forum. There's lots of them. We voted it that way. That's just the way it is for now.  I'm not saying this might not change later.

I really hope you can make it to a meeting sometimes dunl ... there one next Wednesday.

Cheers

Offline kevman

• Budget Lift
    • http://members.shaw.ca/thekevman
Sundog
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 04:57:15 PM »
seen several of these at ski hills.  No Dom I didn't see the sundog - was already at work at sunrise.

That there be the problem...I haven't been at a ski hill for sun rise since...well...hmmm...  I think I made it to Louise by 10 once this year...  :oops:
uh...
My shovels nicer!

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 05:08:09 PM »
Kevin a sundog forms when there are ice crystals in the air, a large ring around the Sun with two bright spots - seen several of these at ski hills. No Dom I didn't see the sundog - was already at work at sunrise

Trues ..basically When it's really cold the humidity in the air freezes. The sun reflecs (at the Sunrise mostly)on ice crystals and creates an illusion. It looks like if there is 2 more Suns at 22 degrees on the right / left side of it. (something like that)

I'm also at work at this time.  I start at 5:30Am everyday. I'm just fortunate that I have windows facing East and it was soo cold that the humidity of the Bow river created a Sundog at sunrise.

It's my first one I see... It's common in Manitoba (that's what I have heard). It was like in a Sci-fi movie... Unreal. I wish you guys would have seen it!!!

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 08:58:18 PM »

Please show up to a meeting bud and voice your opinion....

Please don't take any offence but I can't care less what the gereral public on the web think of this site. This is a Jeep Club not a website only. We (the members) voted it to be a certain way. I personally like it alot. It's not a public site... :roll: We just let the general public use it... and that good beause I met some really great new peop-le that way. 8)

Most of the pictures are in the members forum. There's lots of them. We voted it that way. That's just the way it is for now.  I'm not saying this might not change later.

I really hope you can make it to a meeting sometimes dunl ... there one next Wednesday.

Cheers

No offence taken Dom, and hopefully none given.  I didn't realize the pictures were also allowed in the Members area (which I would, if I'd ever get off my butt and send my membership into Ian  :oops: ). Anyways, just a suggestion, but if they're already allowed in the Members area, kind of an obsolete one.

As for the meetings, I have a prior committment up here in Sylvan the third Wednesday of every month. Even if I didn't not sure how easily I could make the meetings, as I work in Rocky each day.

If I lived in Calgary, you'd probably be sick of me now.  :lol:

No worries - it's all good, no offence was taken. :)
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
Sundog
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 09:30:26 PM »
i like this site now, no drama............

Did i just say that :lol: ?

Its true !

i just looked at an old trip report and see my pics are still there, so color me confused :?:

The 5.13 gears and CTM's are going in the ole girl this weekend, so maybe its time to have a beer with the CJA. Any opinions i have will be left in the vaults of 2000 - 2004. :lol:

Life is so much more fun and relaxed when i keep things in perspective.

Tom
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline apex

• Talks waaay too much!
Sundog
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 09:40:22 PM »
Yeah!!! Tom's for everyone!!!

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 10:43:10 PM »
What were we talking about.... oh yah.. the sunrise  :wink: . It's funny to see where dicussions goes sometimes...

It's all good duln  :D ... hope to meet you soon. May be we should go wheeling up near Rocky sometimes. That would be fun :)

Tom... now you talked about coming for a beer... there's no going back... I'll see ya on Wed. then  :wink: :D

jokes aside it would be nice to see ya there 8)

Cheers

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
Sundog
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 11:07:58 PM »
It's all good duln  ... hope to meet you soon. May be we should go wheeling up near Rocky sometimes. That would be fun  

If I still have the ZJ we could do a 4-door trip.  :lol:
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com