Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Advice Needed: 2007 Wrangler Rubicon 4 Door  (Read 8475 times)

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
Advice Needed: 2007 Wrangler Rubicon 4 Door
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 10:16:17 AM »
Quote from: "Jack's Jeep"

Sounds like someones jealous.

Sounds like someone hasnt been here very long and doesnt know me.

Far from jealous Jack.

I think you're wrong on a quite a few of those points.  

Thats the difference here Jack. You think where as I know.

You've formed an opinion by reading, I've formed one by custom building and wheeling jeeps for several years.

I'm not going to get into it with you 'cause like I said:  I'M NOT THE ONE SAYING ITS THE MOST CAPABLE, MODIFIEABLE WRANGLER EVER.... EVERYBODY ELSE IS.

You invited this discussion when you posted your regurgitated opinions, and again when you replied to me.

All jeeps are modifyable Jack, and depending on the level you go to will dictate on how easy or hard it is.  The only reason they are claiming that ease is that the body is higher on a stock JK so it fits larger tires. There is more to jeep building then putting rubber under them  :roll:

It never ceases to astound me.  Everytime a new jeep replaces an old one everybody gets upset like a 2 year old missing his fav toy.

No one took my tow away Jack, I just dont like the direction they went with the new jeeps. I also dont like the coil suspension they put back under F350's because its complexity and lack of reliability.

These are my opinions based on my priorities when I look at vehicles. To each their own.

The fact that I have an opinion that is not favorible to to the latest changes made, does not make me a spoiled 2 year old  :roll:  :roll:

Go fight about it with people who care.
http://forum.jkboard.com/

One webwheeler is enough for me in a day. I have no urge to go and argue with an entire community H3 converts  :shock:  :shock:
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 10:20:03 AM »
For the record.

I recommend the newer jeeps to people all the time. They are just not my thing because I am more concerned with offraod capabilities and I build better, stronger, balanced rigs for less money.

For Joe blow going camping and the odd light trail run, the new JK is an excellent choice of jeep.
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Jack's Jeep

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2007, 10:25:33 AM »
Quote from: "cotaman"
:shock:  :shock:
hmmmm.... Bnine is considered is kinda the Ghandi of Jeeps in this club.... he has probably forgotten more about jeeps that you will ever know :P .  and to set the record straight .... MOST peeple are jealous of the jeeps that HE builds up for himself, his wife and just about anyone else that wants it done right.  So Bnine's opinion holds more water around here than someone that knows JACK's about JEEPS 8)

:P

:cry:   Aww you're making me cry internet tough guy!!  Too bad there are now middle finger emoticons!

Like I said,  not my opinion, I have my own but I'm not a mechanic, so go fight with someone who cares.

Jack's Jeep

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2007, 10:34:29 AM »
Quote from: "Bnine"
For the record.

I recommend the newer jeeps to people all the time. They are just not my thing because I am more concerned with offraod capabilities and I build better, stronger, balanced rigs for less money.

For Joe blow going camping and the odd light trail run, the new JK is an excellent choice of jeep.

For the Record,  the Jk frame is stronger than any other Wrangler frame.

And I didn't question your ability to build,  Where'd you get that from anyway?  

How many JK's have you modified anyway to form your opinion anyway?

Tell us o Guru of Jeeps, how many JK's have you built or even wheeled?

And why the Freak are you slamming me for!  a hole,  like I said its not my opinion,  its everybody elses!

Keep those blinders on, but it won't make that JK go away.

Offline BlackYJ

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www3.telus.net/ccjc/page0002.html
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2007, 10:35:02 AM »
:cry:   Aww you're making me cry internet tough guy!!  Too bad there are now middle finger emoticons!

Like I said,  not my opinion, I have my own but I'm not a mechanic, so go fight with someone who cares.

Why do you keep bringing up and hiding behind the JK board if you don't care.  You are the one that started this thread and now when someone else states some very good points you try to hide.

Nice Work :roll:  :roll:

And why the Freak are you slamming me for!  a hole,  like I said its not my opinion,  its everybody elses!

How many JKs have YOU built?  Bnine has worked on everything from CJs, YJs, TJs, LJs, XJs, ZJs, WJs, probably MJs, so he knows what works and does not work.  The new JKs have used a lot of new parts that are not available in any other vehicle, like 32 spline D44s, and the aftermarket is not quite there yet.  Sure the aftermarket has done all the pretty bing accessories, but they have not made it to the true offroad parts yet.

For someone that wants to put on a 2" lift and 35s, yes there is no easier Jeep

I will finish with

'95 YJ with a few mods

Offline cotaman

• UberWheeler
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 10:42:02 AM »
hmmmm... he stated his wfe is expecting....  he must have a lot of pent-up emotions and testetorone and he figures the internet is the best place to release it..... i think there are better sites online are more suited to what you need right now :wink: .
98 ZJ, 5" lift, 4.10's, 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's, 231 swap,  winch/bumper, rock rails, lincoln locker, CB, parked, waiting to pass SK insp
01 WJ, the pavement princess that has been mirror deep in a hole
RIP -- 88 XJ, 3" Skyjacker, 31 MT

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 11:03:03 AM »

For the Record,  the Jk frame is stronger than any other Wrangler frame..

True, but there hasnt been an issue with Jeep frames since the inception of the jeep YJ.

There are thousands of older wrangler frames supporting 1 ton drivetrain with no issues.

Simply addressing the fact that not every jeep owner is strictly concerned with how a stock jeep performs. Many of us take them and modify them right out of the box, regardless or how many skookem bells and whistles they come with.

And I didnt ask for your opinion, but thats the great thing about a discussion board. The discussion!!!  :lol:  :lol:

I've installed 1 suspension lift in a JK to date. I dont imagine Im finished with them.

Built 1, wheeled with 2, a SWB, and a LWB, Impressive in stock form, not overly impressive beyond that. I would not take a stocker an advanced run.

Dont be so defensive, I am not slamming you, I just dont agree with you. If you cant handle someone not agreeing with you, then forum boards are the wrong place to be spending your time.

I think you need to take your own advice  :roll:  :roll:
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Jack's Jeep

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
Quote from: "cotaman"
hmmmm... he stated his wfe is expecting....  he must have a lot of pent-up emotions and testetorone and he figures the internet is the best place to release it..... i think there are better sites online are more suited to what you need right now :wink: .

I'm not even married,  where did you get that my Wfe is expecting?  Same place your arguement is coming from I guess.  Get some more lube buddy.

And I'm sorry if having an arguement is making you feel upset I know I'm not.  

And yea, I still don't care.  I'm never going to know as much to not hide behind other opinions,  like everybody elses.  

By the way,  thanks for the warm welcome to Calgary.

Jack's Jeep

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »
Not offended at all Bnine.  Hope you're not either.  

Good luck with the old school! :P

Kidding!

By the way have you seen the crash test of the tj vs the JK? :wink:

Jack's Jeep

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 11:13:04 AM »
Quote from: "BlackYJ"

Why do you keep bringing up and hiding behind the JK board if you don't care.  You are the one that started this thread and now when someone else states some very good points you try to hide.

How many JKs have YOU built?  Bnine has worked on everything from CJs, YJs, TJs, LJs, XJs, ZJs, WJs, probably MJs, so he knows what works and does not work.  The new JKs have used a lot of new parts that are not available in any other vehicle, like 32 spline D44s, and the aftermarket is not quite there yet.  Sure the aftermarket has done all the pretty bing accessories, but they have not made it to the true offroad parts yet.

I will finish with

Good one on changing the "special needs" thing, making fun of those in our society we should be helping, you had up.  You wouln't want to show everybody what kind of a person you really are.   HA!
 :lol:

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 11:21:09 AM »
Not offended at all Bnine.  Hope you're not either.  

None

Good luck with the old school! :P

Kidding!

Thanks, and good luck following me on your first club run with the new JK  :wink:

By the way have you seen the crash test of the tj vs the JK? :wink:

Now Jack, if I were worried about crash tests, I'd be driving Volvo's, not jeeps  :lol:  :lol:

I think you've made a great choice of jeep for your application. At least it gets you away from that square light station wagon scene. Although we do have a large contingent of crazy mofo's that seem to love them here.  :D  :D
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]

Offline SwampSinger

• CJA Members
  • Talks waaay too much!
  • Baconator
    • mmmmm-bacon
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 11:29:36 AM »
Quote from: "BlackYJ"

I will finish with

Good one on changing the "special needs" thing, making fun of those in our society we should be helping, you had up.  You wouln't want to show everybody what kind of a person you really are.   HA!
 :lol:

I changed it

Jack's Jeep

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 11:29:57 AM »
Is that an invite to a club run?

Square light station wagon scene!?!   Haa :(    That's such an 80's arguement, oldschool!  :lol:  

kidding!

Jack's Jeep

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2007, 11:36:02 AM »
Quote from: "SwampSinger"

Sounds like someones jealous.

I think you're wrong on a quite a few of those points.  I'm not going to get into it with you 'cause like I said:  I'M NOT THE ONE SAYING ITS THE MOST CAPABLE, MODIFIEABLE WRANGLER EVER.... EVERYBODY ELSE IS.

It never ceases to astound me.  Everytime a new jeep replaces an old one everybody gets upset like a 2 year old missing his fav toy.

Go fight about it with people who care.

What?... people have discussion on this forum.... Civil discussions.. nobody's is fighting here. I care... It's a Jeep site here. For a fella that does not even own a Jeep you are quite opinionated about them. Its' not because you read stuff on the net that you suddenly turn into a Jeep pro.

Members on this board are Jeep fanatics. Most of us are.... Bnine is for sure....  he knows his stuff.

Don't be so defensive man... If you want to fight go somewhere else.

If you want to talk face to face ... come to one of our meetings. I'll be there.

Dom

You know what...

Ok,  here goes...
Where did you get that I don't own a jeep?  or are cherokee's not jeeps again?
This is a civil discussion.  Or do I need to hold back or something?  Arguements on Jeep sites are always pretty hot from my experience.

What's with the "face to face"  invite?  If that's a "Hey welcome come on down have a pint shoot the crap about oldschool vs newschool."  then I'm in.  But somehow that sounds like you're calling me out?
You're not calling me out are you?

Offline Bnine

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Sticky Fingers
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2007, 01:00:58 PM »
Dom is one of the crazy station wagoners.

Im sure he was referring to you not owning one of the jeeps regarded in the discussion.

His invite is sincere and not a call out. Dom's a teddy bear and one of our friendliest members. He is also french, so his written word sometimes gets mis understood.

You are more then welcome to come talk jeep at a meeting or an open club run anytime.  :D
My Mechanic Calgary
Mobile Auto Care
403-483-1083
[email protected]