Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: My Big Thanks - Waiparous VDAYS 2005  (Read 1417 times)

shooter

My Big Thanks - Waiparous VDAYS 2005
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:58:06 PM »
My big thanks:

This was probably one of the most stressfull things ive ever tryed to accomplish.

It would have been a little easier had there not been a 4x4 Rock Crawl competition and tradeshow 1 week prior.

I can finally return to life as i knew it before july.  (yeah right, who am i kidding, i have no life..  :P )

In no particular order of importance,

- Dr. Tom Kelly, for as usual a wonderfull MC job.

- Dave Dunlop - WHO AGAIN - went out of his way to make sure I personally didn't drown trying to pull this off.  He organised our equipment, and hauling, and helped out big time with organising the projects.

- Tim Garton - Im sure all of you got to see this guy work the machinery.  He pulled long hours, and multiple DAYS on trail trying to get everything done.  Not to mention also - this man along with Corey (offroad expo), spent most of his time before the volunteer days working on pulling off the Tradeshow INCLUDING the rock crawl.

- Amanda Morosse - Handled most of getting all our prizes either donated, or just organised, running around getting stuff, and also helping me keep my head on straight.

I took sick 1 week before the Vdays (go figure) .. and Dave and Amanda pulled together to get this thing pulled off while i sat at home dieing ..  

- Christine Sipos, Chris Peterson, and the Ground Pounders, These people took on our food and beverages, got everything needed to be cooked/bought/setup/ etc etc, and took A LOT of stress off of me by handling EVERYTHING.  

Project Leaders:

Bob (last name?) -  Assembled a group from the CJA, and tackled one of our bridge projects on Lost Knife Creek trail.  Unfortunatly for them, we ran into some communication problems with ASRD, and they were unable to perform certain tasks throughout the day which set them back A LOT.  This crew worked very hard, and got as much accomplished as they could with the time that they were given, and made alot of head way.  The bridge is not 100% completed, but in October the CJA was supposed to make a trail run for the club.  Instead, this group of volunteers is going to come back out and AGAIN go back to work on this bridge and complete it.  Absolutely wonderfull.  Thanks again Bob.

Bob Bolton and the ATV Frontier group - Bob and his crew came out and built the other bridge on Lost Knife Creek Trail.  His crew came out 3 days early to prepare all their wood and everything needed to assemble their bridge.  I havn't seen the finished product myself yet (only through pictures), but when i stopped by to check it out throughout the day, i was floored by the amount of ingenuity and hard work used to pull this project off.   The bridge looks great guys!!

Elias Panasuik- He assembled a group from the Nissan Club, and with the help from (i think it was the high riders? .... god i cant remember anything after this weekend) - this team tackled Liesure Creek / Ghost Cross Country trails, and did trail repairs such as water diversion, corduroying and filling, and probably a little bit of messin around too ;) .  Ken from Jeepstuff brought his bobcat down there to help in the process of repairs, and i heard a rumor (although i havnt confirmed it) that Ken blew a hydraulic line on the cat.  Should this prove to be true, its too bad, (considering its a rental) - but thank you for bringing it out and helping where you could.

Tim Desmon (haha.. thats for spelling my last name Bakke) - Not only did I inconvenience every part of his life by getting him to deliver our wood from spray lake sawmills, but he also headed up the project with a gang of the 4wheeler usual suspects.  these guys were responsible for fixing up (draining, corduroying and filling) a part of meadow creek that for a while was pretty much impassible without a lot of winchin and digging.  Dave Dunlop later came through with the Cat and leveled out everything.

Bill Berry - I put this guy in charge of garbage detail.  See what happens when ya tick me off?   You miss out on the all the fun stuff... (hahaha).  He took a group of people up through Waiparous Valley road / Mocking Bird, (and down by the CJA camp??) and picked up all the garbage left by the infamous trail abusers out there.  Kudos to you guys.

There are so many people and groups, and businesses to thank, i could probably spend all day listing everyone, 4WS, CJA, Nissan, HR, 4W.CA, ATV FRT,GP,WK There is so many of you, CJ92, Spray Lake, Gear center, The list goes on and on.  

You know who you are, You know what you did, and even if i havent mentioned you in here your efforts are appreciated to the enth degree.  

Thank you for coming out, and thank you for supporting the AURS.