Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: H1N1 Pandemic  (Read 9402 times)

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
H1N1 Pandemic
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:22:17 AM »
Mass Hysteria. i have spent countless hours researching whether i should or should not get the vaccine. Whenever i went to Government sites like Alberta, Ontario and Canada, i was told that i should get it, its safe and effective. Its a lot of 'fluff' with no substance.
On my site i have many resourced and validated information regarding the Pandemic and the H1N1 vaccine.
i still was not satisfied...its great info but i really wanted the actual vaccine information from the manufacturer.

Last night was payday! i was given the 24 page pdf file of the actual vaccine being used in Canada.

Lets clear up some media information. The vaccine is not from Germany but from Quebec.
There has been ZERO testing of this actual vaccine on ANY HUMAN or animal.
They have tested a 'mock' vaccine H5N1 on 3500 Healthy Adults between 18 and 60. They followed them for adverse reactions for a period of SEVEN days post inoculation.
Keep in mind that the manufacturer states that the vaccine does not even become effective until TWENTY-ONE days following injection.
There is Thimersol and Squalene in every vaccine.

They have no evidence or testing of any kind on EVERY target group. NONE!!!!!

Here are some highlights:

There is currently limited clinical experience with Arepanrix™ H1N1, and limited clinical experience with an investigational formulation of another AS03-adjuvanted vaccine containing the same or a slightly higher amount of antigen derived from A/California/7/2009 (H1N1) (see section Pharmacodynamics) in healthy adults aged 18-60 years and no clinical experience yet in the elderly, in children or in adolescents. The decision to use Arepanrix™ H1N1 in each age group defined below should take into account the extent of the clinical data available with a version of the vaccine containing H5N1 antigen and the disease characteristics of the current influenza pandemic.

i like this too:

Adults aged 18-60 years: One dose of 0.5mL at an elected date. The need for a second dose is currently unknown.

and this:

Elderly (>60 years): No clinical data are available for Arepanrix™ H1N1 in this age group.

and this:

Children and adolescents aged 10-17 years: No clinical data are available for any influenza vaccines with AS03 in this age group.

and this: what does limited mean?

Children aged 3-9 years: Based on limited clinical data available for AS03-adjuvanted H5N1 vaccine containing 3.75 ?g HA derived from A/Vietnam/1194/2004 in this age group, 0.25mL of vaccine (i.e. half of the adult dose) at an elected date and a second dose administered at least three weeks later may be considered sufficient.

and this:

Children aged from 6-35 months: No clinical data are available for influenza vaccines with AS03 in this age group.

and this:

Children aged less than 6 months: Vaccination is not currently recommended in this age group.

CONTRAINDICATIONS:

Pediatric: There is very limited experience with AS03-adjuvanted H5N1 vaccine in children between 3 and 9 years of age, and no experience in children less than 3 years of age or in children and adolescents between 10 and 17 years of age.

Pregnancy and Lactation
No data have been generated in pregnant women with Arepanrix™ H1N1 nor with the prototype AS03 adjuvanted H5N1 vaccine.

No data are available on the concomitant administration of Arepanrix™ H1N1 with other vaccines, including seasonal trivalent influenza vaccines. Such data are in development, and this document will be amended to include them as soon as available. However, if co-administration with another vaccine is indicated, immunization should be carried out on separate limbs. It should be noted that the adverse reactions may be intensified.

The good stuff. Evidence based studies carried out on 3500 people and studied for 7 days only:

[COLOR=orange"]Adults: Clinical studies have evaluated the incidence of adverse reactions listed below in approximately 3,500 subjects 18 years old and above who received Influenza Virus Vaccine containing A/Indonesia/05/2005 (Arepanrix™ H5N1) with at least 3.75 ?g HA/AS03.
The reactogenicity of vaccination was solicited by collecting adverse events using standardized forms for 7 consecutive days following vaccination with Arepanrix™ H5N1 or placebo (i.e., Day 0 to Day 6).[/COLOR]

No numbers on this but here are the common DISORDERS from this vaccine(i will not enter the uncommon ones)

Blood and lymphatic system disorders
Common: lymphadenopathy

Gastrointestinal disorders
Common: nausea, diarrhoea

Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders
Common: pruritus

General disorders and administration site conditions
Common: injection site reactions (such as bruising, pruritus, warmth)

SIDE EFFECTS :As with all medicines, AREPANRIX™ H1N1can cause side effects. The very common and common side effects are usually mild and should only last a day or two.

Very common (may occur with more than (1 in 10 doses) :
• Pain at the injection site
• Headache
• Fatigue
• Redness or swelling at the injection site
• Shivering
• Sweating
• Aching muscles, joint pain

Common (may occur with up to 1 in 10 doses) :
• Reactions at the injection site such as bruising, itching and warmth
• Fever
• Swollen lympth nodes
• Feeling sick, diarrhea

Uncommon (may occur with up to 1 in 100 doses) :
• Dizziness
• Generally feeling unwell
• Unusual weakness
• Vomiting, stomach pain, uncomfortable feeling in the stomach or belching after eating
• Inability to sleep
• Tingling or numbness of the hands or feet
• Shortness of breath
• Pain in the chest
• Itching, rash
• Pain in the back or neck, stiffness in the muscles, muscle spasms, pain in extremity such as leg or hand

Rare (may occur with up to 1 in 1000 doses) : Put this in perspective. if 1/2 get vaccinated in Calgary, there will be 500 Rare reactions :o
• Allergic reactions leading to a dangerous decrease of blood pressure, which, if untreated, may lead to shock. Doctors are aware of this possibility and have emergency treatment available for use in such cases
• Fits
• Severe stabbing or throbbing pain along one or more nerves
• Low blood platelet count which can result in bleeding or bruising
Very Rare (may occur with up to 1 in 10,000 doses):
• Vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels which can cause skin rashes, joint pain and kidney problems)
• Neurological disorders such as encephalomyelitis (inflammation of the central nervous system), neuritis (inflammation of nerves) and a type of paralysis known a Guillain-Barré Syndrome

i have much more info if you want on my website under H1N1 info.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 11:50:22 AM by Spinalguy »
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
Re: H1N1 Pandemic
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 11:50:55 AM »
Serious Warnings and Precautions

Advise your doctor or nurse immediately if you experience these reactions shortly after receiving your injection:
• body rash
• tightness in the throat
• shortness of breath

INGREDIENTS: Thimerosal, sodium chloride, disodium hydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium chloride, water for injections. The drug substance contains trace residual amounts of egg proteins, formaldehyde, sodium deoxycholate and sucrose.
Adjuvant emulsion vial: squalene, sodium chloride, disodium hydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium chloride, water for injections.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 11:53:39 AM »
Maybe you can post the link to that file?

And everyone keeps saying that it is mass hysteria.....what is?  The fact that people should get the vaccine, or that there is an actual flu?

I keep hearing that there is no actual H1N1, and it is "just a flu"....and everyday we are sending kids who came to school healthy, home by lunch who are puking with a fever over 100+.

I have no training or expertise to comment on the vaccine, but there is definitely a bad flu strain going around.
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline MEANGREEN

• Budget Lift
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 12:19:04 PM »
I am really sick of everything to do with H1N1 and the overload of missinformation out there. I personally know several people here have gotten H1N1 and lived through it, no vaccine. But I have a 2.5 yr old and a yr old at home to think about. How the hell are we suppose to decide what is safe for our children? Who are we supposed to trust?

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 12:32:00 PM »
Like my siblings in health care have told me....read up on it and make your own choice.  Look where you get the information from.  Reading something on someone's blog doesn't count for crap.

Which is why I asked Tom to post the link...simply copying and pasting it on a web forum doesn't give it credibility, whereas if the link to a government medical site or such is listed, people will take it much more seriously. :)
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 12:33:20 PM »
The mass hysteria is the media telling everyone to get vaccinated right now. The media telling everyone their is a shortage. The media NOT redaing the insert that shows how absolutely crazy this vaccine is with no testing of the ACTUAL vaccine. Yes, H5N1 was tested on 3500 healthy adults for 7 days.
Yes, there was a california "like" vaccine tetsed on about 120 pregnant women, kids, toddlers, infants, etc but it was "like" the vaccine.
That's like saying. "here i have a Granny smith apple and a Macintosh apple, they are the same"

Who should you trust? Trust the vaccine manufacturer. The above highlights are from them. Read them carefully.

Here is a link to the full pdf file (its at the bottom of the info)

And let me ask you all a question.
The government in general (PC Alberta and Federal politics) do you trust them?

So, do you trust the Health branch of the government more?

Here you go:
http://www.spinalguy.com/id47.html

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 12:34:10 PM »
Like my siblings in health care have told me....read up on it and make your own choice.  Look where you get the information from.  Reading something on someone's blog doesn't count for crap.

Which is why I asked Tom to post the link...simply copying and pasting it on a web forum doesn't give it credibility, whereas if the link to a government medical site or such is listed, people will take it much more seriously. :)

The stuff i posted is from the MANUFACTURER of the vaccine.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
The stuff i posted is from the MANUFACTURER of the vaccine.

Great...can you post THAT link?
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »
Great...can you post THAT link?
do you read much :D
Its there above you. follow the trail, you'll get to it. :)

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 12:44:49 PM »
do you read much :D

Why?  Because I'm not in medicine, I'm illiterate?  :D

Its there above you. follow the trail, you'll get to it. :)

On your website...I found it, thanks.  :)

http://www.gsk.ca/english/docs-pdf/Arepanrix_PIL_CAPA01v01.pdf
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline MEANGREEN

• Budget Lift
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 12:49:45 PM »
this is exactly what I mean.

Anything that disputed the safeness of the vaccine, people cry, "where did you get that info. It's not a good source."

Anything pro vaccine can be tied back to government and government agencies that profit from it and "do you trust the goverment?"

I have had different doctors tell me completely different things to my face. One says vaccine is safe and it's our duty to get it to protect our children. The next one tells me there's no way he or his family are taking it untill he sees proof that it is safe and actually works.

WTF.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
So now you have information posted right from the manufacturer....info that states it wasn't tested, or not in large tests. 
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline MEANGREEN

• Budget Lift
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 12:58:01 PM »
So now you have information posted right from the manufacturer....info that states it wasn't tested, or not in large tests. 

yep, and that's the second PDF file I've received this week, and they're both different.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 12:58:41 PM »
yep, and that's the second PDF file I've received this week, and they're both different.

From the manufacturer?
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline MEANGREEN

• Budget Lift
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 01:00:51 PM »
nevermind here's the first one I got, it's for H5N1

http://preventdisease.com/news/pdf/GSK_Pandemrix_2008.pdf