The Calgary Jeep Association is pleased to announce the 4th annual Off-Road 101Course
This is a one day course that will introduce participants to the basic skills that are necessary during an Off-Road adventure, as well as safe and environmentally friendly practices while on the trail.
Rough outline of the day:
The course will take place at the Mclean Creek off highway land use area. We will be meeting at the Mclean Creek store from 7:30 am to 8:30 am. At 9am we'll start with introduction to off roading instruction, along with various beginner obstacles to get you acquainted with your jeeps capabilities. Around noon we'll have a short lunch break ( you're responsible to bring your own lunch) Then we'll head out for a trail ride with CJA members providing instruction and support throughout the way.
The number of participants will be limited to 20 per day,
Registration page will be opening very soonRegistration page open http://offroad101.calgaryjeep.com
Date: June 18, 19, 2011
Entry fee: Donation to the Calgary Jeep Association Trail Fund.
**The trail fund is used to build and maintain the local OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) trail system in order to insure that future generations can enjoy it. **
Vehicle Requirements to attend
• Must be a Jeep Product that has off road capabilities
• Must have up to date Registration, Insurance and License plates
• Must have front tow points properly secured to the vehicle
• A proper seat belt for each passenger and driver
• Must have good quality tires (no worn out and bald tires please)
Driver and Participants
• The owner of the vehicle must be present
• The driver must have a valid driver's license
• All non CJA members must sign a liability waver
Drugs and alcohol is strictly prohibited. You will be asked to leave and possibly the police will be contacted