Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: April 21st - Official CJA Open Run  (Read 27970 times)

Offline Elver

• Baby Wheeler
Re: April 21st - Official CJA Open Run
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 04:41:34 PM »
I will confirm next week, 90% chance.
2012 JKU Rubicon - Synergy 3.5" | Hankook 35" | Warn 9.5CTi

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 07:42:49 AM »
I would like to come as well sounds fun. New to Alberta.  Hopfully you dont mind a Land Rover to join your trip?

PMd you

Offline s3v3n

• Stocker
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 01:15:08 PM »
Sounds like there will be quite a turn-out and that I probably won't be the only newbie out there!

Any word about what's happening for lunch? Just let me know if I need to chip in for something or if I should brown-bag it :D

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »
Sounds like there will be quite a turn-out and that I probably won't be the only newbie out there!

Any word about what's happening for lunch? Just let me know if I need to chip in for something or if I should brown-bag it :D

Yes. It seems like it'll be a good day.  BUT nobody is showing any interest in a wienie roast. I'd buy the hot dogs, but I need to know how many to buy and who maybe could spring for buns? And who could bring wood/stoves?  You know the basics.  Come on guys post up only one week away.

Offline Corbitto

• Budget Lift
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2013, 10:26:44 AM »
will my jeep be allowed to join with a cracked windshield. i was reading about safety and I am fine with it since i drive it every dAy  but is it considered trail safe orrrr noooo lol.  also i need a cb

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: April 21st - Official CJA Open Run
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2013, 10:42:01 AM »
If your window wasn't cracked you might be out of place...  :)

Offline BrokenAxle

• That CB Yapper
    • Broken Axle home page
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »
Yay wienie roast

Offline Corbitto

• Budget Lift
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 12:32:58 PM »
lol well its defin itely cracked.  last week i was watchingthe crack spread in the morning on the way to work.  saying ahhh come onnnnn. stopppp hahahaha. need to find a cb though any suggestions?  dont need top of the line but good quality is fine

Offline AstraX

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »
I got a midland on sale for $29...works just fine.  With the cables, mount and antenna I think I paid just over $100 for my setup.

lots of guys use Cobra.  They have a nice little setup if you want something that is low key in the vehicle.  http://www.northridge4x4.ca/shop/cobra-75wxst-cb-18ft-coax-cable-firestick-package-pkg-cb  Not the cheapest option out there, but that kit has everything you would need.

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
Re: Re: Re: April 21st - Official CJA Open Run
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 03:12:44 PM »
I got a midland on sale for $29...works just fine.  With the cables, mount and antenna I think I paid just over $100 for my setup.

lots of guys use Cobra.  They have a nice little setup if you want something that is low key in the vehicle.  http://www.northridge4x4.ca/shop/cobra-75wxst-cb-18ft-coax-cable-firestick-package-pkg-cb  Not the cheapest option out there, but that kit has everything you would need.

Make sure you get the external speaker if you go this route, you'll get it eventually anyways with that radio.

Offline Bowser

• Winch Wench
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2013, 10:18:22 PM »
Just got my new bumper and winch on,  rock rail on Tues , i am excited but scared at the same time lol dont want to cause any damage hope most runs are newbie safe and with some new snow will that be more difficult or more fun lol  ;)
33" inch kelly tsrs, 18" xd spy wheels, AFE Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake Systems, PIAA 510, BesTop Trecktop, 2" Coil Lift Kit BDS Suspension, Gibson Rear Dual Exhaust, jks quick disco, metalcloak  front bumper, smittybuilt 8 winch, bushwacker fender flares

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2013, 08:55:21 AM »
Just got my new bumper and winch on,  rock rail on Tues , i am excited but scared at the same time lol dont want to cause any damage hope most runs are newbie safe and with some new snow will that be more difficult or more fun lol  ;)

the first dent is always the most painful.

after that you stop caring really quickly.
~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline Vinman

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2013, 09:11:21 AM »

My last new Jeep was a month old when I took it on its first run, came back looking like sonebody took a garden rake down both sides  (definitely was not a newbie trail).
It was the result of that run that I determined wheeling was waaaay more fun once you stopped worrying about the paint.
/l ,[____],
 l---L -OlllllllO-
 ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Quote from: Bnine link=topic=25904.msg162940#msg162940      date=1341881306

Resident prick is my job and it took me ten years to earn that title

Offline Elver

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2013, 09:19:38 AM »
Confirmed, I'm in! See you guys on Sunday!
2012 JKU Rubicon - Synergy 3.5" | Hankook 35" | Warn 9.5CTi

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »
Johnny and Vince are TRYING to scare you a little. This is going to be an easyish run even for a newbie.  Snow usually makes things softer and easier on the rig, more challenging and fun though.
Now they are right though. Now you have gone through and put a winch and 33s on.  Why would you do that if you wouldn't take it off road?  That's called a poser, a pavement princess.  I'm NOT saying you're a poser. Its just not practical to modify a great riding vehicle for off road for nothing.  It's a jeep it's not supposed to be PRETTY or CUTE.  Now with that said its good to be a little nervous, but trust me in the end it's worth it. I would really like to see you there.
Confirmed, I'm in! See you guys on Sunday!
Sweet