Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: April 21st - Official CJA Open Run  (Read 27972 times)

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
Re: April 21st - Official CJA Open Run
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2013, 10:18:43 AM »
There is always the possibility of damage to by our jeep when taking it off road.

As buki said, this will be an easy run and the odds are that you won't even get a scratch.  If you are concerned or unsure of what to do or how to handle a stretch of trail, stop and ask.  There will be some very experienced drivers out there who will be more than happy to assist.
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Bowser

• Winch Wench
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2013, 01:53:00 PM »
I feel a lot better, im not afraid of scratches more scared of expensive damage lol but im sure ill have fun I use to go quading offroad all the time just never in a vehicle lol im excited tho
33" inch kelly tsrs, 18" xd spy wheels, AFE Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake Systems, PIAA 510, BesTop Trecktop, 2" Coil Lift Kit BDS Suspension, Gibson Rear Dual Exhaust, jks quick disco, metalcloak  front bumper, smittybuilt 8 winch, bushwacker fender flares

Offline Elver

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2013, 03:21:35 PM »
I feel a lot better, im not afraid of scratches more scared of expensive damage lol but im sure ill have fun I use to go quading offroad all the time just never in a vehicle lol im excited tho

I refuse to get inside a Jeep without scratches... Jeep born to have scratches!
2012 JKU Rubicon - Synergy 3.5" | Hankook 35" | Warn 9.5CTi

Offline Teeka

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2013, 04:11:04 PM »
Yes. It seems like it'll be a good day.  BUT nobody is showing any interest in a wienie roast. I'd buy the hot dogs, but I need to know how many to buy and who maybe could spring for buns? And who could bring wood/stoves?  You know the basics.  Come on guys post up only one week away.

I Can bring buns.

Offline johndeeretimex

• Baby Wheeler
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2013, 07:44:43 PM »
Update... just got a warn 8000vr with a smittybuilt plate installed! it was a little bit a work but hope to use it this weekend!

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2013, 09:42:53 PM »
I Can bring buns.

Wicked. Lets do this

Offline kingkelly1

• Stocker
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »
I believe the wife and I will also join if thats ok, its been a few years since we have been out with anyone from the CJA. I will bring a small BBQ extra buns and weiners for hotdogs.
2008 JK Rubicon,. 4.5" Rubicon Express Long Arm Lift, 37" Irocs, XD Addicts, 5:13's, Smittybilt Bumpers, X20 Winch, SkidRow skid plating, and a bunch of other goodies........

Offline BUKI

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Project Fugly
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »
I believe the wife and I will also join if thats ok, its been a few years since we have been out with anyone from the CJA. I will bring a small BBQ extra buns and weiners for hotdogs.
Excellent the more the merrier. 

Offline Bowser

• Winch Wench
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »
Hey this may be a rookie question but do you guys air down your tires ? If so how much?
33" inch kelly tsrs, 18" xd spy wheels, AFE Stage-2 PRO 5R Intake Systems, PIAA 510, BesTop Trecktop, 2" Coil Lift Kit BDS Suspension, Gibson Rear Dual Exhaust, jks quick disco, metalcloak  front bumper, smittybuilt 8 winch, bushwacker fender flares

Offline specialk

• CJA Executive
  • Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2013, 01:31:15 PM »
You bet...  how much really depends on your rims (width too) and tires and who you can bribe to help fill up them up at the end of the run.   Looks like you have some pretty large rims for 33's.  I would say try 16-20 psi with that set up?   Anyone else got some insight? 

I would go down 12-15 psi with 16" rims (10 wide) on 35's.  With beadlocks, 4 psi is the bomb :-)
04 TJ Rubi

Offline Bowser

• Winch Wench
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
Okay that what I figured, is there devices you can buy to air dont before a rin? If so are they expensive?  And do alot of ppl carry on bord compressors? And I have nitrogen in my tires right now

Offline s3v3n

• Stocker
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2013, 03:25:32 PM »
Okay that what I figured, is there devices you can buy to air dont before a rin? If so are they expensive?  And do alot of ppl carry on bord compressors? And I have nitrogen in my tires right now
You don't need any special tools to air down your tires; just a gauge. Airing them back up is the harder part! Small 12v compressors can be had for cheap but are designed more for emergencies as they'd take a long time to fully refill all 4 tires. I would love to take a look at some more serious OBA setups if some members have something installed. Pretty cool, but overkill for me.
Unfortunately I doubt you're going to able to refill with nitrogen if you air down, but mixing in some atmospheric air shouldn't really be a dealbreaker :)

Offline Dingleberry

• UberWheeler
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2013, 04:40:01 PM »

75% of the air we breath is Nitrogen :)

Offline Bowser

• Winch Wench
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2013, 07:47:49 AM »
Okay I will one of those up then, and maby look into OBA in the future as well

Offline Bowser

• Winch Wench
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2013, 08:00:46 AM »
Just want to clarify where we meet up sun morning in cochrane at 830/930? Thanks