Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Control Arm Recomendation / Snorkel  (Read 7522 times)

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
Re: Control Arm Recomendation / Snorkel
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2011, 09:26:16 PM »
Well....I jacked up the frame of my Jeep (drivers side) until the front wheel left the ground.

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »
Just thinking about this. How did you determine downtravel from that? Are you saying your shock iss bottoming out before you hit your bump stops? If you wanna check down travel as best you can like that.... take a wheel off, supporting that side by the frame of course, letting it droop as much as it can. Then go jack up the other wheel till she hits the stops.

Offline JJonesee

• Budget Lift
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 10:53:18 AM »
Just thinking about this. How did you determine downtravel from that? Are you saying your shock iss bottoming out before you hit your bump stops? If you wanna check down travel as best you can like that.... take a wheel off, supporting that side by the frame of course, letting it droop as much as it can. Then go jack up the other wheel till she hits the stops.

To be complete on a 4Link w/panhard you need to do both sides, average the two, since you will have different down travel on Pass/Driver..  Basically you need to lift one ft tire till the opposite tire on the same axle leaves the ground.  You've seen all the photos of forklifts..

I was curious if he had a lift or a fork truck he was testing with..
06' Rubicon LJ
52' M-100
82' Scrambler x 3