Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Damn bottle jockeys strike again  (Read 5360 times)

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
Re: Damn bottle jockeys strike again
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 05:37:28 PM »
So i come from the farm and some small towns. Anyways were i currently reside i was having this same issue. Did all sortsa things signs padlocks chains even called the local bottle depot who knew exactly who was bringing the bottles in to collect on MY coin. But how do you prove it right. Jenssen i went to the farm and was gathering up some of our more powerful fence systems and metal containers. Well before i did the official hookup i had a chat with a police man who knew my frustration. This is what he told me QUOTE charge it up to take him RIGHT out UNQUOTE I say huh are you saying what i think your meaning He says so if someone slips on your sidewalk or driveway and gets injured on your property they can FULLY have the right to SUE you. So i never did set the fencer up But the thief did move out or just finally stopped taking mine in particular. MAY i suggest a trail camera from canadian tire or something on that lines you might even get some pictures of the puppys and kittys and birds coming threw your yard Not to mention anyone else that may be visiting your yard kids friends wifes friends or the people not specifically looking for your bottles..... You may end up super suprised what those motion cameras pick up BUT secure it VERY good even the ones on the trails seem to go easily missing. Good luck and Cheers  keep one posted on the final results.

Wow dude. That is some seriouswalloftextgoingonthere.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Alltornup

• Budget Lift
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
Go for it.  I hope they get shocked real good.  I just hope there is enough power through that thing to make it a good one.

I grabbed one of the fences in Lake Louise and it gave me a huge lifter, it just about dropped me.  But those fences are meant to keep out large animals like bears so they are probably quite a bit more powerful.

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 07:54:21 PM »
Id check on the legalities.... I once inquired about  a situation involving a cat being "slightly mangled" by accident after tearing up my garbage bags. It was not met with the same enthusiasm I had. Another option might be seeing if you can rent a trap from the drop in center. Then you can humanely capture the offender and have him put down.... if no one claims him/her of course.

Offline JohnB

• Budget Lift
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 07:24:11 AM »
Wow dude. That is some seriouswalloftextgoingonthere.

No paragraphs on the farm.

Offline JackstandJohnny

• Talks waaay too much!
  • where Jeeps go to die
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 11:53:30 AM »
i had the same problem Jenssen............. so in my recycling, under the snow therein lies a couple mouse traps............

cops can't say jack. i have mouse traps out to............... catch mice. 

traps aren't tripped and bottles are still there.  thats my winter plan.

~ rescue green JKUR on 35s.  typical rubicon build

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 02:13:04 PM »
yeah we did the ccty thing out at emf before the crawll have 8 total around the property 4 wireless ones in the trees all of them night vision... u know it aint gonna happen but at least u got it on tape... oh and our system dumps onto a external 1000 gig hard drive and has a 250 internal one....

Offline jeepgrl

• UberWheeler
  • All those JKs are starting to look the same...
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »
oh and our system dumps onto a external 1000 gig hard drive and has a 250 internal one....

;) talk nerdy to me...
Current project:
2012 2-door Orange Crush JK
AEV 3.5" lift
33" Mikey Thompson MTZ
Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers
Warn VR800 winch

BUILT AND SOLD: Silver 2007 JKU (because they all look the same now anyway)

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2011, 05:01:56 PM »
i had the same problem Jenssen............. so in my recycling, under the snow therein lies a couple mouse traps............

I know all you Alberta boys are so fond of stating how there are never any rats in this province.....but that doesn't mean you can'y buy a rat trap here:

EDIT: image is too big...you'll just have to click.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bd/Rattrap_and_mousetrap.JPG

"Well officer, I was sure there was a rat outside here the other day, but no one would believe me....so I set a rat trap to catch the sucker....cause...you know....a rat would just shake off a little normal mouse trap and keep going..."

I'm from a farm too....the damm things hurt.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:12:45 PM by dunl »
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline binare

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 05:09:11 PM »
Im an Alberta boy... thetes definately rats, need proof? Ings mine has enough.

Offline dunl

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Red Deer Jeep Packrats
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »
Oh, I'm quite sure there is rats here.....I just get a kick of how people state it is a rat-free province. lol
`48 CJ2A, `54 CJ3B, `97 TJ, and 03 WJ...batting close to .500 when it comes to jeep models owned vs. jeep models created.....
Red Deer Jeep Packrats
www.reddeerjeep.com

Offline Spinalguy

• Talks waaay too much!
    • http://www.spinalguy.com
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 08:48:15 AM »
If i was a cart pusher in your alley and was zapped by your set up, i would probably throw rocks through your windows and vandalize everything i could...maybe in a drunken stupor with my other cart pushing buddies.
But, you go ahead and do that, versus putting your bottles away in the garage and using the black cans provided by the City.
Just saying.
sent from my old school rotary dial phone.

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I just got home and was going to post to this thread when I noticed your comment Spinalguy.

I know, I know, it's your back yard and your private property but so is your jeep. Would you leave a $20 bill on your dash or seat with your door unlocked or your window rolled down and expect it to be there in a day or two.

If it's valuable to you, lock it up or at least appreciate the fact that you've just bought someone else a bowl of soup. (or drugs)

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 09:56:19 AM »
I would expect My 20 bums to still be there

I expect people to treat me the way I treat them

I don't take stuff that isn't mine
And if te diuche bag throws rocks at ur house then more reason to run him Down with ur jeep

Everyone is hearts out to these homeless people

It's 2011 almost 2012. Get a fricken job already
People say there sick or there addicted or where Evers the excuse is

In the end there just F@$king lazy and weak

Yes I'm sure u all want to throw rocks at me right now but
That's fine
I work hard and treat other with respect the ones that deserve it

Shock away
:)
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »
The point that Gun and Tom are making is not that "homeless people are cool" or "homeless people should be able to do what they want"....it's that "if you squirt off that homeless dude, he's gonna mess with your property cuz he's got nothing to lose". The fact that the homeless dude is in the wrong by taking your property isn't the point...it's that when you mess with someone that's got very little to lose, don't be surprised if there's an immdeiate emotional reaction on their part that will result in a pain in the arse factor for you far beyond what you initially planned.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline Hi Lo Silver

• That CB Yapper
    • http://www.fourwheelstampeders.ca
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
I knew I should have edited my post after reading it. ;D  No my original post had nothing to do with the retaliation that I'm almost sure would follow if a trap were set for the bottle picker.

My post was more so meant for the entrapment of someone by leaving something out and visible. You can show all the respect you care to......for people you may know.....but wake up....this is as you say 2011 going onto 2012. It's not the good old days when you left the front door unlocked, and the keys hanging from the ignition. Unfortunately it's also not the good older days when horse thieves were lynched.

Chances are you keep your junk out of site and you may still have your junk when you come home from work. People are who they are these days.

I can't help but think of Ralph Klein's comment years ago as mayor of Calgary. The controversy that stirred up was unbelievable but his point was made.

I'm sure some of you remember his comments. hahahaha
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:43:17 AM by Hi Lo Silver »