Calgary Jeep Association

Author Topic: Damn bottle jockeys strike again  (Read 5330 times)

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
Damn bottle jockeys strike again
« on: December 01, 2011, 07:36:27 PM »
Ok, last straw we have had people enter our gated yard several times this year to take our empties,... Today we got hit yet again, now to be honest I could give a s#it about the empties but some fawkers in my yard roaming around when I am at work really pisses me off,.. Last few times then even stole my garbage can.

So the idea is this :

Plus a metal garbage can but I could use some insight on the best way to make sure this is effective as possible :)

Just need to insulate the can bottom

I think this plan will work

www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline Fredduck

• That CB Yapper
  • RIDE ON
Re: Damn bottle jockeys strike again
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
Padlock the gates first, if you hurt someone you could be charged.
Then run 220 to you r empties  :o
3.9 CTD - 7000R4  NP241c SSYE, Dana 44.  9 inch, 4.10's  and 37's

Offline w squared

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Keamy Hungry!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 07:51:02 PM »
You will have to make sure that the "route to ground" through the person pilfering your empties is preferable to the the "route to ground" through the garbage can.
I followed a rainbow out to a garage and found a leprichaun. The rainbow ended in a potted cactus on his porch, but there was no gold :(

Offline JENSSEN

• Talks waaay too much!
    • Racing For The Cure
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:52:47 PM »
Padlock the gates first, if you hurt someone you could be charged.
Then run 220 to you r empties  :o

I have 2 bags of limestone
www.racingforthecure.ca

Definition of Link to this definition of Blasphemy
1. [n] blasphemous behavior; the act of depriving something of its sacred character;

Offline FiEND

• Talks waaay too much!
  • Wrecking Ball
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 08:08:18 PM »
Good time of year to watch home alone, good ideas in there
1Wide2High
ILV2FRT
'97 TJ [sold]
'17 JK Rubicon

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 08:38:24 PM »
I don't think this would be illegal if you put up a sign warning them of the danger. When they ignore the  "Warning electric garbage can" sign, you can have satisfaction.

Otherwise if they really want to they can charge you.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 08:40:19 PM by Jrama »

Offline Rubi03 jef

• Talks waaay too much!
  • she never understands
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:16 PM »
I don't think this would be illegal if you put up a sign warning them of the danger. When they ignore the  "Warning electric garbage can" sign, you can have satisfaction.

Otherwise if they really want to they can charge you.

im sorry but they douche bag is in your back yard .. steeling crap     shock him good when he goes down . let the dogs out if you dont have dogs then get a bat a beat them sense less and when the cops show up a week later tell them you didnt see anything because you have a job and you work un like the prick laying dead in your yard

we live in alberta there are thousands of jobs for everyone .   no reason so people going through your garbage .

and if this all sounds to harsh  then dont step foot in my yard :)

good luck with the shocking  hope you get the person good
04 rubicon <4'' X series RC lift, 1.25'' RC body lift, 1'' RC MML, CV rear drive shaft,  Stubby front bumper, CB,35 MTZ" ,Hi Lifter 54'',LED tail lights , flat fenders, LED front Flasher, half doors, Light force spots, and CDN M101 custom Military trailer

Offline jkrubi

• Budget Lift
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 09:13:32 PM »
I can just see you now, lying in the snow foaming at the mouth because you forgot that the garbage can is electrified.  ;D

Offline Jrama

• That CB Yapper
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »
Just illegal is all I'm sayin  ;D. In all honesty it'd be awesome to see him/her (Girls smoke crack too) get shocked, but I just tend to think too much into things like this.

Is it realistic the cops will care? Probably not, still...

What if for instance the bum gets fumed and decides to vandalize some property? Do you think the  he/she gives a crap if it goes to jail? It probably wouldn't be worth the the trouble.

That said.... I DO want to see/ hear about a bum getting shocked, so...do it...what are the chances something could go wrong.... right?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:26:59 PM by Jrama »

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 11:14:29 PM »
when i worked seismic i had a farmer in northern alberta with a barb wire fence with metal staples carrying electrcity down it enough to fry a cow.... it was hooked right up off the pole drop

it hurt i got zapped by it one time ever i have had to take a minute Mr. Falcon hurt

Offline priceless

• Winch Wench
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »
Thats a great idea!!  :D  
That bottle jockey must be making a killing. The same thing keeps happening to my brother in fairview.

Offline Gearhead

• Talks waaay too much!
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:16 AM »
This has happened  here several times .  One scum sucker was so notorious there were wanted posters posted on telephone poles , someone took a picture of him rifling through stuff on their deck then  made copies to warn others.  Bottles wern't the only thing taken !  All i'm gonna say is this guy was caught and beaten , he's not so bright and didn't "get it " , a second beating was necessary , he doesn't come around anymore .  This type of scavenging / hunter gatherer behavior  is very common , I generally let them know it's NOT ok to go through my garbage or set foot on my property ,   working wierd hours has me home  weekdays  quite   often  so I can watch for suspicious dirtbags.

Offline heep-a-lop

• UberWheeler
  • EMF WHORE
    • EMF Rod Ends And Steering Components
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 08:55:32 AM »
i wish one fo the shops i used to work by had outside cameras... i had  adrunk bum come around the corner on a bike to sharp caught the fender of my moms vibe and proceded to do the roll over the hood... damni wasih i would a caught it on tape woulda had to make up for replacing windows and destryed fender

Offline jeepgrl

• UberWheeler
  • All those JKs are starting to look the same...
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 12:50:04 PM »

I have a spare CCTV camera in the garage and a sign that says 'under surveillance' - If we hook that up, then you're doubly covered. (And we can watch the replay of the fry-ing)  ;D
Current project:
2012 2-door Orange Crush JK
AEV 3.5" lift
33" Mikey Thompson MTZ
Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers
Warn VR800 winch

BUILT AND SOLD: Silver 2007 JKU (because they all look the same now anyway)

Offline LOOKOUT

• Winch Wench
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »
So i come from the farm and some small towns. Anyways were i currently reside i was having this same issue. Did all sortsa things signs padlocks chains even called the local bottle depot who knew exactly who was bringing the bottles in to collect on MY coin. But how do you prove it right. Jenssen i went to the farm and was gathering up some of our more powerful fence systems and metal containers. Well before i did the official hookup i had a chat with a police man who knew my frustration. This is what he told me QUOTE charge it up to take him RIGHT out UNQUOTE I say huh are you saying what i think your meaning He says so if someone slips on your sidewalk or driveway and gets injured on your property they can FULLY have the right to SUE you. So i never did set the fencer up But the thief did move out or just finally stopped taking mine in particular. MAY i suggest a trail camera from canadian tire or something on that lines you might even get some pictures of the puppys and kittys and birds coming threw your yard Not to mention anyone else that may be visiting your yard kids friends wifes friends or the people not specifically looking for your bottles..... You may end up super suprised what those motion cameras pick up BUT secure it VERY good even the ones on the trails seem to go easily missing. Good luck and Cheers  keep one posted on the final results.